Latest post Thu, Mar 7 2019 3:10 PM by ripvanmarlowe. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 31 2019 11:22 AM

Delayed write failure for file Statistics on Nexis E2 and HP ZBook...

I've just installed Nexis 18.9.0.15 on a new ZBook G5 running MC2018.12 and although it seems to be working fine with this version, every time I make or close a bin I get a "delayed write failure for file "Statistics. 190129.165219". Errcode 0xc00000b5.".

So obviously it's havng difficulty writing that statistics file to the folder on my project workspace.  I can see on the properties tab of that folder that it is permanently set to read only - I'm unable to change it to write but this is the same for all the folders in the project.  This is the only PC connected whilst all the others are macs running 2018.9.

Do people think this is just because this version (2018.12) doesn't seem to have a supported version of the Nexis yet?

Are there any other things I could look at to stop these errors occuring?  Like I say, I am eventually able to save bins and work normally, but it adds a sgnificant delay in to the process.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 3 2019 1:01 PM In reply to

Re: Delayed write failure for file Statistics on Nexis E2 and HP ZBook...

Try the following as a temporary solution. Right click your projects folder and de-select read only.

It will probably show a progress bar unchecking read only for all sub folders.

This should not make a difference but in my experience it sometimes does.

If this doesn't work there is another simple thing you can do and that is to copy the statistics folder in the same location and then rename the original one or delete it from one of the clients that still works. If you try to delete the original you will probably receive an error that it can't delete one or more files because they are open in another application.

This points to the real underlying problem which has to do with Nexis client loosing connection and an application like MC leaving a file open in a folder, in your case the statistics folder, which then blocks Nexis client from accessing that folder on that specific client when it reconnects.

Why Avid can't fix this 'accessing and closing open files' in Nexis client I don't know. Support is 'diplomatically silent' about the known issues.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Mar 7 2019 3:04 PM In reply to

Just for the record. I experienced the same error with statistic files and the .avp files. Several versions of MC and Nexis client was tested. No luck. It turned out that the PC's was delivered with Win10 build 1809. Reinstalling PC's with Build 1803 fixed the problem.

BR

Beent

HP ZBook Studio G4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 7 2019 3:10 PM In reply to

Interesting. Mine is running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.967.  I will look in to this when I have some time. Thanks for the info!

Andi 

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller