Latest post Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:37 AM by DStone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 6 2019 12:11 AM

• joaoavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 3 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80

Exporting Titles from an Avid Media Composer 24fps sequence into BaseLight

Hello,

I'm currently doing a grade on Baselight. I delivered my 24fps Avid sequence, which includes Titles. The colourist has asked me to give him the Titles as TIFF's but I don't know how to do that.

Could someone please tell me what I have to do? Or suggest any other method of getting Titles into BaseLight please?

Thank you very much.

Joao

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 3:44 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,527
    • Points 45,365
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Exporting Titles from an Avid Media Composer 24fps sequence into BaseLight

In which titler did you make the titles?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Wed, Feb 6 2019 9:52 AM In reply to

• joaoavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 3 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80

Hello,

I created the titles in the Avid Title tool.

Thank you

• Fri, Feb 8 2019 2:37 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,527
    • Points 45,365
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

By "Avid Title Tool", I presume you mean the original titler and not the new Titler+. To generate a TIFF file, you would first open the title back in the Titler tool. From there, export the title as a PICT image.

Not a lot of things read PICT images on Windows. These include Adobe Photoshop, and After Effects, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and a few others. A free image manipulation program that you can download is ImageMagick (I use it myself). Look for the Windows installer. It sets up the environment variables correctly.

ImageMagick is a command line application, so open a terminal console (CMD in the Windows search box). Move to the directory with the titles, and give the following command:

> magick inputfile.pct outputfile.tiff

substituting the apporpriate filenames. Repeat for each title, and there are your TIFFs.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller