Latest post Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:24 AM by Gurn Blanston. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 6 2019 11:02 PM

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 730
    • Points 11,135

Effects Don't Place Correctly Anymore

On the current version of MC, if I try to place an effect between 2 clips, Fluid Morph, for example, the effect USUALLY doesn't get placed right, but instead gets placed on the entire track to the left of the clip. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm hoping there's some sort of massive error in my profile or something, because if this is a problem with 2018.12.2, it's the  most buggy version by far that I've seen in 20 years using MC. I can't ever remember a version that killed my system like this.  Weird save errors, title crashes, other crashes, and now an effects bug too. 

Let me know if the effects bug is common to others - if not, at least I'll know what to start troubleshooting.  Thanks for any replies.

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Fri, Feb 8 2019 1:43 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,840
    • Points 20,340
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Effects Don't Place Correctly Anymore

Hi Atomike,

I'm checking this one if there are reported cases to support team.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:01 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 730
    • Points 11,135

Since I'm between projects now, I think I'll uninstall and reinstall, and see if that fixes things.  Based on the silence here, I'm going to work on the assumption that this is a local issue, and not indicative of the current release of MC.

EDIT - did the full re-install, and now the effects are placing correctly.  Boy, that was a weird one.  Sorry for any problems or confusion I caused anyone else for the problem with my own local computer.  Feel free to delete if you'd like, mods.

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Sat, Feb 9 2019 3:13 AM In reply to

I'm having the same problem.  Trying to place a Boris Transition Fx between 2 clips.  It places an effect in the first empty space to the left of my edit.  I did manually download 2018.12.1 and did a re-install.  Any help with this would be great for my deadline.  Thanks.

• Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:24 AM In reply to

Uninstalled 2018.12.1 and reinstalled it again.  Did not work.

Manually downloaded and installed 2018.12.  I can now place transitions where I need them without problems.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller