Latest post Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:01 AM by iliagin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 10 2019 6:37 PM

• iliagin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 17 2017
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Avid crashes on Export

Hi,

I'm using AVID 2018.1 (though I did have the same problem with the previous version I've used 9.9.4 as far as I remember) and most of the times I try to export a sequence the program crashes. I mean I just press on Export and the "Save window" appear and a few seconds after it the program close. On rare occasions, I have the same problem if I try to open a project on harddrive (again, I press on folder and Avid crashes immediately). Except for those problems the program works fine. 

Sometimes I do manage to export, but I could not figure out the connection between those rare "success" and some processes that have been done before (restarting doesn't help)...

I work on Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-5500u CPU @ 2.40 GHz with 16 GB RAM and Windows 8.1 system. 

Any suggestion what can cause such crashes and what can be done about it?

Thanks in advance.

• Mon, Feb 11 2019 1:37 AM In reply to

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • los angeles
    • Posts 403
    • Points 5,195

Re: Avid crashes on Export

A) MXF export via media processor solves most export issues.

b) you're using the first version of 2018.  Avid fixes bugs with each . version.

MC 2018.12.1, diy x299 7940x 4.5ghz OC, 1080ti, 128gb ram, w10 pro (1803) DM me on instagram for tech Q's: dvhaime [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 11 2019 9:01 AM In reply to

• iliagin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 17 2017
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Re: Avid crashes on Export

What do you mean by "mxf export"? Outside of Media Composser? Because it crashes immediatly after I press export ( before I can change any settings). 

I can try to update, but I highly doubt that it'll help, because I didn't find any notions about such a problem among other users. I also afraid that updating may turn it even worse (that my PC would not be strong enough to run it correctly). 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller