Latest post Fri, Feb 15 2019 8:30 PM by knollcrest. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 15 2019 4:28 AM

Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633

Is there a shortcut to importing audio from the Sound Devices 633 folder structure? 
    Instead of being able to import files from a whole day, it seems I have to click into each scene/set-up one by one. 
    (a) This is annoying. (b) I fear I'm losing metadata? .... Any tips??? 
    AS WELL — audio file names all come into Avid with slashes — then I have to go through and change to underscores. This seems preposterous... someone out there must know a workaround?? THANKS ALL !!!

• Fri, Feb 15 2019 7:06 AM In reply to

Re: Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633

Can't you just do an OS search for ".WAV" for that day folder and drag the results into MC?

The slashes versus scores is a matter of how the SD633 writes the name in its metadata.

You might be able to change this by first importing the WAV files, then exporting the bin as an ALE, then batch replace slashes with underscores in a text editor, then import/merge the ALE back into MC.

But why underscores? Pretty much all sound recorders I have encountered write the clip name as XYZ/ABC/TN.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 15 2019 8:30 PM In reply to

Re: Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633

Gotcha, thank you. Okay I'll post again if I have any trouble down the line. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller