Latest post Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:00 PM by origin2. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 19 2019 11:33 PM

• origin2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 1 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Weird behavior when adding video tracks V4 and up...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to MC.2018 so I'm not sure if this is a bug or some new function that I accidentally turned on, but when I am trying to add a new video track V4 (and above, i.e. V4 & V5 and so on) to a sequence, either by using CTRL-Y or right click in the timeline window, the new V4 shows up as "double tracks", that is, a pair of two V4s one ontop of another. And if I insert a new track between V1 and V2, the original V3 single track will get pushed to V4 and becoming a 2-track pair as well.

I can enable only one of the pair, but when I splice or overwrite a clip to this track, the disabled one gets enabled immediately and gets manipulated as one.

I can hide either one of them from the timeline hamburger menu, but this just seems so weird. Is this some function that I enabled without knowing somewhere? Because V1 through V3 behaves normally (the new track shows up as a single track), but above V4 everything gets duplicated as pair. I've tried 2 different projects and all behave this way.

I don't remember seeing this in my previous MC 8.3 or earlier versions. I thought CTRL-Y should always produces a single new video track?

My current project is set to be 1080p/29.97p with matchback to 35mm 4 perf turned on. The other one I tested is 2K(1998x1080)/24p. Is there any settings that I missed?

Thanks in advance.

-Albert

i7-4930k w/ 64GB ram. 4TBx4 & 2TBx4 RAID0 on HPT RR2740 storage. 10GbE intranet. Windows 7 SP1 x64. Media Composer 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 20 2019 8:25 AM In reply to

Re: Weird behavior when adding video tracks V4 and up...

Sounds like a corruption in your user setting. Try a fresh new user, see if the problem goes away.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:00 PM In reply to

• origin2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 1 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

Re: Weird behavior when adding video tracks V4 and up...

Hi Job,

Thanks for the hint!

After test replacing several setting files(Settings.avs, Settings.xml, .ave) in the user profile directory, it turns out that it is the MCState file that is corrupt, so removing that file alone fixes the problem. All other user settings were kept =)

i7-4930k w/ 64GB ram. 4TBx4 & 2TBx4 RAID0 on HPT RR2740 storage. 10GbE intranet. Windows 7 SP1 x64. Media Composer 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller