Latest post Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:20 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 11 2019 11:52 AM

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 476
    • Points 6,470

Audio clip FX error - anyone else had this?

I've been getting an error when I try to render Audio Clip FX. but not every time.

I was using the RX6 voice de-noiser (which is fantastic) however on some clips on the same timeline I am getting this error. Some clips are fine and others not. It seems the clip which create the error consistently do so. And it is not just the RX6 plugin it seems; I have tried a few of the other clip effects including those included with MC and all give the error.

If I close the error window by clicking 'continue' I can then delete the effect and carry on editing. If I dont dlelte the effect the error warning re-occurs when I try to play the timeline.

I don't appear to be able to upload the screen grab!  The error message reads:-

An error has occurred:
    Audio consumer duration differs from video edit duration by -6.000000 samples.
    File: s:\coresw\ame\src\player\match.c, Line:6152

the options are:- 'Create report', 'Exit Application', 'Continue' and 'Debugger'

I'm on MC 2018.12

Any ideas?

Edit 1:- Intel Core i9 7900X msi x299-SLI-plus mobo 32GB DDR4 3000Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (Nvidia driver 411.95) Samsung 860PRO SSD 512GB system... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Mon, Apr 22 2019 3:33 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Audio clip FX error - anyone else had this?

MattB

Apologies or the delay .... caught up from 8 days at NAB finally.    I know Zach had this one time before and the issue was with  the audio.

That is what was exhibiting the problem..... temp ADR that was brought in long ago, probably in a 23.976p project.

Worked fine in 2018.5.0, but exhibits errors when rendering audiosuite effects applied to those same clips in 2018.12..x

A good bet is that the audio was imported at 23.98 and when placed in the timeline as a clip with certain durations the sample calculations are not working out (not sure how to end up under by 18 samples, but that's what the error message points to).

Give that a go.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 24 2019 8:14 AM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 476
    • Points 6,470

Hi Marianna

Thanks for the reply and explanation. It was definitely an audio suite issue, not restricted to RX6 plug-in. I was working in a 29.97 project.

i'm not sure what you are suggesting I should give a go to! I managed to work around the iussue by performing and audio mixdown of the track and applying audiosuite effect to that.

Sopunds like you had fun at NAB with all those announcements!

Matt

Edit 1:- Intel Core i9 7900X msi x299-SLI-plus mobo 32GB DDR4 3000Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (Nvidia driver 411.95) Samsung 860PRO SSD 512GB system... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

MattB:

Hi Marianna

Thanks for the reply and explanation. It was definitely an audio suite issue, not restricted to RX6 plug-in. I was working in a 29.97 project.

i'm not sure what you are suggesting I should give a go to! I managed to work around the iussue by performing and audio mixdown of the track and applying audiosuite effect to that.

Sopunds like you had fun at NAB with all those announcements!

Matt

You did it. YIPPEE  -- I should have actually suggested this in writing....  audio mixdown of the track and applying audiosuite effect to that ....  but you got the drift and did it anyway.

Glad you got around it.

NAB was CRAZY good and CRAZY busy.  The new stuff coming and the products released at the show kept us hopping.  I came back to over 5K emails.....  shoot me now ;)

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller