Latest post Sun, Apr 21 2019 2:10 PM by Lembit Soobik. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 18 2019 6:50 PM

• Lembit Soobik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 2 2007
    • Freising - Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Points 3,665

Exception ACF call failed: pContainer2 ...

Does anybody know whar the following Error means:

Exception ACF call failed: pContainer2->SetFilePath(pFilePath), error code 0x80000008file ...\..\src\msmMobConn.c line 104

I am getting this error on a project suddenly. have tried to restart MC, restart computer, started a new sequence..

after a few steps I get this.

thanks for any help

Llembit

MC 2018.5 on Windows 10// HP Z800 WS: 2 x Xeon X5570, 48 GB RAM, Quadro M4000 32GB, disks: 1 x 500 GB SATA 7200 = System/ 1 x 1 TB Samsung 840... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 21 2019 1:11 AM In reply to

Re: Exception ACF call failed: pContainer2 ...

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I get strange errors like this when I IMPORT an MP4 clip, rather than link and transcode. Sounds like you have corrupt media in your timeline. The error most likely occurred shortly after cutting that source into your timeline. If you have a lot of MP4 clips, turn off the tracks one at a time and see when the error occurs in the timeline. If it happens immediately upon loading, trying turning off your monitor icon in the timeline (so no video is displayed) and then turn it on one track at a time. It's a "divide and conquer" approad to finding corrupt clips. -- I've also had this happen with bad renders. Again, not sure about the exact error, but it sounds like a bad clip or render. -- Rebuild your mediafile databases and see if the scan gives you an error. If it does, quarentine the clips. Happy hunting.

Marc

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 21 2019 2:10 PM In reply to

• Lembit Soobik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 2 2007
    • Freising - Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Points 3,665

Re: Exception ACF call failed: pContainer2 ...

Than you, Marc,

I have no imported and no MP4 clips. everything is linked. 

I had only some sequences trying to find the best way to simulate driving by the landscape, i. e. making still pictures move from right to left, and I had modified these pictures in Photoshop and made them different resolutions. I got this error everywhere. So I used the pictures directly out of Lightroom and the problem went away. Tried again with the Photoshop pics and the problem was there again. so I deleted them from my project and worked with the Lightroom pics - no more problems so far.

Today I tried to reconstruct the original sequence with the (bad???) pics, but could not get the error again. So the reason for the error will remain in the dark.

Thank you very much for your help.

Lembit

MC 2018.5 on Windows 10// HP Z800 WS: 2 x Xeon X5570, 48 GB RAM, Quadro M4000 32GB, disks: 1 x 500 GB SATA 7200 = System/ 1 x 1 TB Samsung 840... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller