Latest post Fri, May 17 2019 6:02 AM by Job ter Burg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 16 2019 1:42 PM

• SeeFost
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 6 2014
    • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

Source Settings - Playback Frame Rates Default

Hello! 

Is anyone aware of a way to force the default Playback Frame Rate in the Playback Rates tab or Source settings to the Project's FPS rather than the Clip's FPS?

To be clear we are AMA linking stock footage at various rates and want to preserve the source framerate on transcode but still have it play back at 23.98 in the timeline.

A console command I'm missing maybe? SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate does not seem to help.

Thanks!

Chris 

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Avid MC 7.0.3 with Mojo DX running on Windows 7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 16 2019 6:43 PM In reply to

Re: Source Settings - Playback Frame Rates Default

Just choose the project rate in that playback rate tab.

If you bulk select a bin of clips and do it to one it does all of them.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, May 16 2019 6:49 PM In reply to

• SeeFost
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 6 2014
    • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

I am hoping to find a way to not have to switch it for every clip, even in a big batch.

I always want every non native frame rate shot to play back at the project rate, so I want to change the default setting to the Project rate. The current default is "Clip's FPS"

Avid MC 7.0.3 with Mojo DX running on Windows 7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 16 2019 8:29 PM In reply to

As far as I know not possible.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, May 17 2019 6:02 AM In reply to

SeeFost:

To be clear we are AMA linking stock footage at various rates and want to preserve the source framerate on transcode but still have it play back at 23.98 

Well, that means you should leave it set to the Clip’s frame rate. It wil always convert to your project’s framerate upon playback in the timeline, adding motion adapters, keeping one second of source footage one second in the timeline. During transcode is where you should then choose to keep the original framerate.

If you choose Project frame rate, you will be speeding up or slowing down the clip. 

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller