Latest post Thu, Nov 7 2019 10:03 AM by gswilson. 69 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 4 2019 4:57 PM

Please provide basic user info on Titler+

I just spent several hours trying to figure out how to use Titler+ with a 4K project.   Total frustration!Angry   Got to rant here...

I'm not saying Titler+ is a bad program.  For all I know, it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  But I have no way of accessing how good or bad it is because I can't find any info on how to use the darn thing!  Took 20 minutes just to figure out how to move the title around.   Basic questions like where is the title saved, etc.  When I was learnng Marquee and even the basic Title Tool, there were lots of resources to get up and running.  I have searched high and low for some manual or tutorial.   If someone can point me toward some resources, it would be greatly appreciated.    Meanwhile, I'm jumping ship to Photoshop to get the job done...

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Thu, Jul 4 2019 7:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,031
    • Points 22,480
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Please provide basic user info on Titler+

Hi Terry,

I'll check this with Kate. 

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 4 2019 11:49 PM In reply to

Thank you.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Jul 5 2019 8:50 AM In reply to

I'd like to second this, I'd like some basic information on using Titler+ for me and to pass to our Edit Assistants here,

ACSR Elite 4 x z840 MC2018.12.3, 1 x z840 MC2019.6 w/Symphony option, Baselight for Avid, Neatvideo 17 x z840 MC2018.12.3 5 x z4 MC2018.12.3 4 x 440... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 5 2019 10:05 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 636
    • Points 7,980

Me too!

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color, Avid Transport [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 5 2019 5:02 PM In reply to

• LDV20
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 234
    • Points 2,785

I second that as well - please provide some decent tutorials.  I have yet to find some good basic information on its operation. 

thank you

Symphony 2019.7- Win 10 pro (1809), Asus PrimeZ270 with i7 7700 cpu, Quadro P2000,(431.02) 64gig memory, 500gig SSD system drive, WD 5TB,and 2TB media... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 5 2019 6:07 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,031
    • Points 22,480
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Yup, this is on top of my list to raise to the team.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 5 2019 10:19 PM In reply to

This thing has been out since December and there still doesn't seem to be any documentation.

• Sat, Jul 6 2019 8:26 PM In reply to

• bonang
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 370
    • Points 4,630

Terry Snyder:

This thing has been out since December and there still doesn't seem to be any documentation.

Avid is apparently waiting for us - the end users - to create documentation. Released seven months ago, buggy and virtually unusable - we can expect it will be years before Titler + is truly functional, and the initial bugs are removed from 2019.6. Sadly, and despite all the recent (especially end of 2018 prior to renewal time) promises of improvements, here we are - or not. Avid actually owes us an explanation as to why they released such a half-a$$ed app as Titler+, and seven + months later have barely improved it, let alone provided some user guide info for it. Perhaps we should look to its predecessor; I'll never forget around 1999 when the Title Tool was bestowed soft shadows, as this was the one major improvement in the entire lifespan of that "tool", now about 30 years old, and despite its obvious limitations, still heads and shoulders above the Titler+

While I'm here...Avid Link is equally ridiculous, as much of the time it does not recognize my signin creds (and sometimes it does), but par for the course it does not recognize that I've renewed my perpetual support for another year to allow me to update my dongle. No worries, I'll contact support on Monday. It seems Avid engineering is perpetually overwhelmed (understaffed), and we shall forever be recipients of half-baked upgrades. My loyalty is fading, after 1st using Avid in 1990, and having been an owner since 1992. I do like the tabbed bin feature of 2019.6, but dumbing down the interface color choices again (as happened when MC 7 was introduced)? Changing Workspaces losing bin positions (sometimes)? Did the beta testers not peep about this? And frankly, I could give a rip that it does 16K - how about a decent titler?!?

Avid MC 2019.9 with Symphony option | HP zbook 17" G3 / i7 6820HQ / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD / WIN 10 PRO 64 / nVidia m3000m / BMD UltraStudio 4K [view my complete system specs]

Keith

• Sun, Jul 21 2019 3:55 PM In reply to

Followup: I had to make a simple title in a UHD project yesterday--just drop in a subject's name during an interview--so I decided I was going to give it another go in Titler+.   Very frustrating.  Coming from the original Title Tool and Marquee, the new Titler+ is not intuitive.   But learning this could be much easier...if only I could find some basic documentation.   Please, Avid.   Release some documentation soon.

• Sun, Jul 21 2019 7:11 PM In reply to

• LDV20
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 234
    • Points 2,785

Terry Snyder:
      Very frustrating.  Coming from the original Title Tool and Marquee, the new Titler+ is not intuitive.   But learning this could be much easier...if only I could find some basic documentation.   Please, Avid.   Release some documentation soon.

Yes - I also agree -  sometimes I can get a title other times it becomes extremely furstrating.  Please we need documetation and some basic tutorials

Symphony 2019.7- Win 10 pro (1809), Asus PrimeZ270 with i7 7700 cpu, Quadro P2000,(431.02) 64gig memory, 500gig SSD system drive, WD 5TB,and 2TB media... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 13 2019 3:11 PM In reply to

Just 'bumping' this, has there been any further progress?

ACSR Elite 4 x z840 MC2018.12.3, 1 x z840 MC2019.6 w/Symphony option, Baselight for Avid, Neatvideo 17 x z840 MC2018.12.3 5 x z4 MC2018.12.3 4 x 440... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 13 2019 5:02 PM In reply to

Yes please.  A little help on Titler+.

MC 2019.8 with Symphony Options/iMac 2019 i9/Mac OS 10.14.6/128GB RAM/Radeon Pro Vega 48 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 12:02 AM In reply to

Can I just also jump on this and say that Avid is appalling at releasing relevant guides or info about it's new features recently.  I asked in another thread for better documentation for the new technical features that Avid has introduced recently (32 bit float, ACES support etc). Ralph C was kind enough to point me to a tech paper that Avid had produced covering some of these topics but sadly the documents only give a brief overview of what the new capabilities are but not how to use them.

We need detailed step by step guides for these things - which menus to use, what settings to apply, and why.  Real world examples not marketing fluff.  I'm super disappointed with Avid's lack of ability to produce meaningful documentation for MC right now. As a freelancer I am not always in the position to be able to sit down with a post house's workflow guru and talk about these things, I need to be able to get solid information from the source or I will not be able to keep up with developments and I will end up turning up for jobs unprepared which will potentially cost me business, clients don't want to sit around while I figure out how to use something right in front of their eyes, it's incredibly unprofessional.

Take a look at the Resolve user guide, it is detailed and well put together with clear examples and specific info.  Please do better Avid.

Andi

HP ZBook G5 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 Nvidia Quadro P2000 4GB 32GB Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.7 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 19 2019 2:58 PM In reply to

ripvanmarlowe:
    Take a look at the Resolve user guide, it is detailed and well put together with clear examples and specific info.  Please do better Avid.

For years, I had a set a User Guides--some as thick as a phone book--that came with the original versions of MC.   I don't expect printed copies anymore, but at least a PDF Quick Start Guide to get us up to speed.   The new Titler + is not intuitive when coming from the Title Tool, Marquee, or even Photoshop.    It's time consuming spending hours playing around, trying figure out how to do even simple things when a Quick Start Guide could make the transition easy.  

Page 1 of 5 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller