Latest post Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:59 PM by Terry Snyder. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:18 PM

Cropping odd shaping in Primatte Studio

I have a green screen shot where the top of an oval pop up green screen was not high enough above the subject's head.  I can't use the traditional Left/Righ/Top/Bottom crop controls without cutting the subjects head or body.     Is there a way to freehand crop in BCC Primatte Studio?

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:07 PM In reply to

Re: Cropping odd shaping in Primatte Studio

Good News: I figured out how to add a Mocha Mask and was able to create a garbage matte around the subject and get rid of the top of the oval screen.

Bad News:  If I then re-position the subject in the frame by moving the X/Y parameters, the subject moves but the matte does not move with him.  

There has to be a way to do this.  Anyone from Boris care to chime in?  

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:59 PM In reply to

Re: Cropping odd shaping in Primatte Studio

Terry Snyder:
    If I then re-position the subject in the frame by moving the X/Y parameters, the subject moves but the matte does not move with him.  

I figured it out.  Simply select Geometrics: Post Apply

Big shout out to Kevin McAuliffe's Primatte Studio tutorials.  Invaluable in getting up and running with Primatte Studio's powerful keying feature.   Yes I'll probably never go back to Spectramatte again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller