Latest post Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:00 AM by DStone. 24 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 19 2019 12:28 PM In reply to

• AntCaladine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 11 2007
    • Stourbridge, UK
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,720

Re: In anyone using Titler+ successfully? Or is it me?

Even with the latest verision 2019.11 theres still no vertical justification, no alignment frame left, right, top, bottom like the "old" tool, and plain white text STILL has an outline to it, when edge is not enabled. 

2x HP Z8 G4, 96GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro P4000 8GB AMC 2019.8 1x HP Z820 16GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro 4000 AMC 2018.12.7 2x... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 19 2019 4:52 PM In reply to

• bonang
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 374
    • Points 4,690

Despite the best intentions of Customer Care, I can only imagine the promised Titler + documentation/user manual/video tips et al is taking so long because the title SW is too wonky and, more importantly, unfinished. With the approaching holidays...who knows. 

How hard (relatively) would it have ben to port/recode ye olde Title Tool to 4K/resolution independence? For the time being I've stopped trying to use Titler + for more than a straight-up lower third - bad news when creating titles in Photoshop is faster, and better, than Avid's built-in title app.

Avid MC 2019.9 with Symphony option | HP zbook 17" G3 / i7 6820HQ / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD / WIN 10 PRO 64 / nVidia m3000m / BMD UltraStudio 4K [view my complete system specs]

Keith

• Tue, Nov 19 2019 5:15 PM In reply to

bonang:
    How hard (relatively) would it have ben to port/recode ye olde Title Tool to 4K/resolution independence?
      +1  Yes

I've been wondering about this, too.   Just gives us the tried and true Title Tool in 4K.  It may not have been the slickest and prettiest, but for simple graphics it was fast, easy and efficient.

bonang:
    creating titles in Photoshop is faster, and better, than Avid's built-in title app.

Same experience here.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Wed, Nov 20 2019 11:10 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,734
    • Points 61,780

There were several bug fixes to Titler+ in 2019.11 - anyone give that a try?

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 2019.12 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020 | Sapphire 2020 | Mocha Pro 2020 | Titler Pro 7 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 1:35 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,728
    • Points 47,765
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

bonang:
    Despite the best intentions of Customer Care, I can only imagine the promised Titler + documentation/user manual/video tips et al is taking so long because the title SW is too wonky and, more importantly, unfinished. With the approaching holidays...who knows. 
    I published a short cheat sheet over in the other TItler+ thread (here's the post: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/197433/888335.aspx#888335). Terry's already given it a good try. See his post here: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/197433/888697.aspx#888697.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 1:39 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,728
    • Points 47,765

BarkinMadd:

There were several bug fixes to Titler+ in 2019.11 - anyone give that a try?

I have, and it's getting incrementally better. The problem is it's incremental, not major jump-for-joy type changes.

Frankly, if I were product management, I'd be fixing Marquee to make it resolution independent. I think it would have been a better use of resources. But that's me and my humble opinion.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia RTX 2060 Super 8, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 4:13 AM In reply to

DStone:
    Frankly, if I were product management, I'd be fixing Marquee to make it resolution independent. I think it would have been a better use of resources.

4K Marquee would be great.   Even a 4K Title Tool would be light years better than Titler+.

Makes me wonder if Avid and NewBlue have some kind of secret deal where Avid no longer supplies a built-in titler and pushes users to NewBlue...the wonky Titler+ being just enough to say they are still including a titler while not really providing anything of use.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 8:55 PM In reply to

DStone:
    I'd be fixing Marquee to make it resolution independent.
    Probably not possible as Avid brought Marquee. It was almost as old as MC and a very expensive program even by software prices way back then.

Marquee appeared to have been purchased to give MC and Avid DV Pro an advantage over the then relatively new Apple NLE competitor Final Cut. Within months Apple added a "modern" interfaced graphics  program that was fast with lots of glitzy features for Final Cut.

Avid almost immediately appeared to lose all interest in developing Marquee.  This was possibly because they never employed many, if any, of the Marquee design team.  20 years later I think reworking Marquee would have been impossible. 

Studying Marquee's features and functions combined with talking with grass roots editors who regularly use the Title Tool and Marquee (as apposed to those being supplied with titles by a graphics department) might have been a far better place to set the design parameters for the new Title Tool + in my opinion. 

FWIW Photoshop and Fusion are now my go to options. 

Alayne

• Sun, Nov 24 2019 10:56 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,728
    • Points 47,765

Alayne Holmes:
    e.  This was possibly because they never employed many, if any, of the Marquee design team.  20 years later I think reworking Marquee would have been impossible. 
    I'm a software developer (a very long time developer, about 50 years) and even 20 years ago it was still pretty much standard to define a bunch of constants which dictated the limits of things. This could literally be as simple as changing a couple of constants from 1920 & 1080 (or whatever they're set to currently) to 4096 & 2048 and recompiling the code.

Dave S.

• Mon, Nov 25 2019 4:00 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,728
    • Points 47,765

One thing I like to do is play around with things to try and make them work. So I played around with Marquee and got a 4K title out of it. Here's a link to the post: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/198410/888832.aspx#888832

Dave S.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller