Latest post Wed, Jun 28 2006 5:34 PM by joshdvx. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 28 2006 4:00 PM

• joshdvx
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 551
    • Points 6,640

Video Card

What are the PC Video Card Recomendations for the new Software Edition of MC?
    I can't find them anywhere.
    Interested in learning Media Composer? In NYC? I teach Media Composer classes tailored for reality tv assistant editors. http://joshluddeni.com [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 28 2006 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: Video Card

Basically, the same specs as before ... as detailed in the Read Me File:

• Qualified graphics card (NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1100, FX 1300, FX 1400, FX 3400, FX3450)

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Jun 28 2006 5:15 PM In reply to

Seeing as MC Software is the same as MC:Adrenaline just without the hardware box (which doesn't have any OpenGL acceleration as far as I know), as long as you go with a Qualified Nvidia card or something in the similar class. I have tested the geforce 6800 and 7800 series and can get them working with Avid software, but others are having problems with the 7900 series which currently doesn't have a matching Quadro card, the 3450 is still based on the same GPU as the 3400, which is actually an expensive 7800GTX Wink [;)].

Sorry to change subject real quick, but just wondering, are you going to be getting Software MC for Beecon or is SCAD going to be getting some MC Software system to go along with the Adrenalines they bought (I heard 21 new adrenalines are coming to SCAD this year!) or if they are going to stay with Xpro for now.  I personally am going to have a copy of MC:Software (and maybe a MojoSDI), but would love to use the School's unity network if it will be available next year. Big Smile [:D]

eVGA SR-2 Classified, Dual Xeon x5680's (12cores at 3.33Ghz), 12GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR3, eVGA Geforce 480GTX, Dual Raptor 300GB in Raid0 (Win7 64... [view my complete system specs]

Certified System? Whats that? :) BRING ON THE PAIN!

• Wed, Jun 28 2006 5:21 PM In reply to

Returned to this page and got a double post.... sorry

eVGA SR-2 Classified, Dual Xeon x5680's (12cores at 3.33Ghz), 12GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR3, eVGA Geforce 480GTX, Dual Raptor 300GB in Raid0 (Win7 64... [view my complete system specs]

Certified System? Whats that? :) BRING ON THE PAIN!

• Wed, Jun 28 2006 5:34 PM In reply to

• joshdvx
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 551
    • Points 6,640

NfoRcErX:

Seeing as MC Software is the same as MC:Adrenaline just without the hardware box (which doesn't have any OpenGL acceleration as far as I know), as long as you go with a Qualified Nvidia card or something in the similar class. I have tested the geforce 6800 and 7800 series and can get them working with Avid software, but others are having problems with the 7900 series which currently doesn't have a matching Quadro card, the 3450 is still based on the same GPU as the 3400, which is actually an expensive 7800GTX Wink [;)].

Sorry to change subject real quick, but just wondering, are you going to be getting Software MC for Beecon or is SCAD going to be getting some MC Software system to go along with the Adrenalines they bought (I heard 21 new adrenalines are coming to SCAD this year!) or if they are going to stay with Xpro for now.  I personally am going to have a copy of MC:Software (and maybe a MojoSDI), but would love to use the School's unity network if it will be available next year. Big Smile [:D]

Ah ok, I didn't think to check that out, I was originaly planning on going with Xpress so I was looking at a Quadro 1100, but since MC uses it also, I'll go ahead and pick one up.

Beecon sticks us with stupid Final Cut 4, and lack of funds for anything at all, prevents us from upgrading anything to anything.
    As far as what scad is buying, we have 11 stations of MC:Adrenaline, already, all that they are doing are adding in the HD cards over the summer, and then Also they are upgrading the Symphony Suites to Symphony Nitris, and the DS Nitris is chilling in the symphony suite (its waiting for me :) )
    SCAD was never only Xpro, we always had MC, and Symphonys, the symphonys are the only ones on the unity network, but the MC's have SCSI media drives.
    Interested in learning Media Composer? In NYC? I teach Media Composer classes tailored for reality tv assistant editors. http://joshluddeni.com [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller