Latest post Mon, Jul 3 2006 2:33 PM by RedArrowRyan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 30 2006 3:54 PM

• gobucks
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toledo, OH
    • Posts 160
    • Points 1,810

MC Software only.... Is this the same as our Adrenaline upgrade?

We have Media Composer Adrenalines.  It's ben fun reading about software only Composers and all and how it's going to open up Media Composer to a number of different segments of business and all.  What's it all mean to me though?

Sure I'm flirting with upgrading my Xpress Pro 5.5.1 system on my laptop to a MC 2.5 software package.  I'm more than curious and also caught up in the hype more than I'd like to admit.  Now since we have Adrenalines with MC dongles (Upgrading as I'm typing, hence the time).  Is the 2.5 software our Adrenalines running the same as the software only version.  In short:  Can I install our NC Software on my laptop and take the dongle with me and it'll work without a DNA box or with a Mojo rather than be tied down to the Adrenaline?  If I remember correctly, 2.2.4 we're running won't even launch without being hooked up to the DNA box.  Never tried it with a Mojo... did not want to throw the firmware into hypercrap mode or anything.

Is Media Composer Adrenaline upgrade to 2.5 also the Software Only MC 2.5 software?  I'm sure many Adrenaline ownsers are as curious as I am.

SYMPHONY SOFTWARE ONLY WITH BUILT-IN TELECINE SUPPORT!!!!  After the Composer has gone software only and runs on laptops somewhat functionally I can honestly say nothing would surprise me.  What's next?

X64 Windows 7 systems, MC5.X, MOJO, multiple systems. 8540W EliteBook Q820/1800M/8GB/W7X64/MC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 30 2006 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: MC Software only.... Is this the same as our Adrenaline upgrade?

"Is Media Composer Adrenaline upgrade to 2.5 also the Software Only MC 2.5 software?  I'm sure many Adrenaline ownsers are as curious as I am."

YES.  MC 2.5.x can be ran many different ways.  Software only. with Mojo. with Mojo SDI. with Adrenaline. with Adrenaline with DNXcel Card.

anyway you want it.

you can install in on a desktop with Adrenaline and on a laptop as software only and just move the dongle back and forth.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 30 2006 4:09 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Not expresso coffee machine compatible, but will come soon !

just kidding Big Smile [:D]

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Sat, Jul 1 2006 1:33 AM In reply to

Hey Mr_difficult-have you actually tried the two computers with the same dongle or are you guestimating?
    dell m70/Pent. M 1.86/2gb ram/nvidia go1400 256mb/60gb 7200rpm internal system drive/60gb 7200rpm internal media storage drive/250gb usb2/1394 external... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 1 2006 5:33 PM In reply to

I have not tried it. But tell my why it won't.

This is the way dongles work. They don't care what machine they are one. you can put your avid software on 1000 machines if you want. but only the one with the dongle will work. people have done this pre 2.5, so why wouldn't it work now? if fact i'm pretty sure this is one of avid selling points.  Buy one dongle, load software on Desktop and Laptop and move back and forth if need be.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 3 2006 12:22 AM In reply to

• Red Ochre
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 27 2006
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 335
    • Points 4,230

We have an Adrendaline w/dnxcel upgrade (2.2.4). Should we bother upgrading? We use this system for onling HD. What would we gain? Running mojo isn't necessary.

Thanks
  • Mon, Jul 3 2006 2:33 PM In reply to

Safe Color Limiting for your onlines, and a few other features. Read the Readme to see if it appeals to you.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller