Latest post Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:08 PM by Richard. 37 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 11 2009 4:46 PM In reply to

• Paddywack
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Winchester, England.
    • Posts 299
    • Points 3,490

Re: Help Avid Marquee problem...

Just wondering if anyone had got any further with this problem.

I am doing some work for the BBC persian service and have been looking into creating titles in Farsi (Persian) in either Title Tool or Marquee.

As suggested above ParsNegar works well copying and pasteing into Marquee using the two fonts supplied, however we have been issued with a BBC_Persian Font that we must use on all programmes. This is a Unicode font which includes full support for Farsi characters however ParsNegar does not support Unicode Fonts and neither do Title Tool or Marquee.

Hence we have come up against a brick wall. We can do Farsi script in Marquee but not in the font that we have to use.

Unicode support for Marquee please!

Media Composer V8.8 MX02LE running Win 10 Pro 64bit on PC 12 core 3.5Ghz HP z820 with 120Gb memory, NVidia K5000 with 6Tb Sata plus Apple MacPro 15"... [view my complete system specs]

Paddywack Productions Ltd. Freelance editing in the UK

• Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:59 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Hello everybody,

I am back again to try and see if this problem is any closer to being resolved. I once again am faced with a rather large project the requires Farsi (Persian) titles. If you look back on this thread you will see that our request is for support of copy paste from a Word document writen in Arabic, Persian (Farsi),Urdu or Kurdi into Marquee to create a static title, We are not looking for advanced functionality (animation of text variables, bouncing letters, etc.)

So to review, the issue is that when I copy/paste from a document of Farsi text the letters that are conjoined in the original document are now seperated when the are pasted into Marquee. The characters shape changes when it is a stand alone charcter as apposed to being in a word where all the letters are joined together.

I spoke to Marianna on the phone and she told me that htis has been a long standing problem that has yet to be delt with.

The last time I dug into this problem I had to develope a work around by copy/pasting from the document into Live Type runnig on a Mac, there the title was roughed in then exported as a Targa with an alpha channel, imported int the Avid then laid on the timeline, evaluated, then adjustments made on the mac work station then exported again, imported agin into the Avid and placed on the time line. This process while kludgey and time consuming and taking more people gets the job done.

If any Moderators have any insight into this nagging shortcomming please give some help.

Thanks for anybopdy stepping up to bat

Richard 

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

Well Bob...I wouldn't say I've been "missing" work.

• Wed, Aug 11 2010 4:15 PM In reply to

• jadakin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 14 2010
    • Posts 168
    • Points 2,010

Richard:

Hello everybody,

I am back again to try and see if this problem is any closer to being resolved. I once again am faced with a rather large project the requires Farsi (Persian) titles. If you look back on this thread you will see that our request is for support of copy paste from a Word document writen in Arabic, Persian (Farsi),Urdu or Kurdi into Marquee to create a static title, We are not looking for advanced functionality (animation of text variables, bouncing letters, etc.)

So to review, the issue is that when I copy/paste from a document of Farsi text the letters that are conjoined in the original document are now seperated when the are pasted into Marquee. The characters shape changes when it is a stand alone charcter as apposed to being in a word where all the letters are joined together.

I spoke to Marianna on the phone and she told me that htis has been a long standing problem that has yet to be delt with.

The last time I dug into this problem I had to develope a work around by copy/pasting from the document into Live Type runnig on a Mac, there the title was roughed in then exported as a Targa with an alpha channel, imported int the Avid then laid on the timeline, evaluated, then adjustments made on the mac work station then exported again, imported agin into the Avid and placed on the time line. This process while kludgey and time consuming and taking more people gets the job done.

If any Moderators have any insight into this nagging shortcomming please give some help.

Thanks for anybopdy stepping up to bat

Richard 

I'm not sure when the last time Avid actually did anything with Marquee.  Which I'd appreciate because I'm quite fond of the program.

HPZ800 2.9 ghz dual quad, 4TB raid 0, MX02 Mini, MC5.0.3, 12gb Ram, Nvidia FX4800, trying out WD External 3.0 USB 1TB, W7 prof [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 11 2010 5:20 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Really, like "Recreate Title Media" wasn't a good enough reason to like marquee?

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:00 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Bump

• Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:50 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Bump

• Mon, Aug 16 2010 10:44 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Bump Bump,

Come on Moderators, somebody take a swing at this.

• Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:08 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

I'm Back with the same problem.

Bump, Bump, Bump.

Love ya!!!

Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller