Latest post Fri, Dec 2 2005 11:38 PM by sep. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 1 2005 11:21 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: Having problems still. Realized it's a quicktime with avr77 codec

Not at the studio at the moment, tried to know about ABVB media files import into the Adrenaline here on the forum 
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 8:18 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Randall's answer may help you !

Try to put your OMF file in a mediafiles folder (on a media drive), delete .pmr and .mdf files, let Avid rebuild the database, (when it launches), go in Media Tool, you should find your footage there, drag the clip to a bin , and.....

HTH

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 6:22 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Just made the test by only copying the ABVB media on an Adrenaline's  media drive (OMFMediafiles folder, deleted .pmr and .mdb files, launched Avid)

As Randall stated, I only had to search it using media tool, the name of it's original project appears in the project list, select it,  that's all !

I go on now, trying the QT-OMFconversion sotware. I have anly old generation Macs here in our facilities, hope it will work.

sep

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 6:53 PM In reply to

• twistlick
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 24
    • Points 390

Sorry, I'm uncertain as to where I would find and delete the.pmr and .mdf files you mentioned - are you talking about the Avid databases for the media drive ( called msmFMID and msmMMOB in the media drive)? I tried that and added my file to the OMFI MEDIAFILES folder, the adreneline then rebuilt the database upon relaunching but it didn't show up in the media tool. thanks again for all this help.

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 7:47 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Yes, I am speaking about the database files, (I mention only the extensions ). I fear, I have bad news !

I made further tests, and in my case the created OMF files converted via QT OMF converter appear in Media tool. However I get an error message and can't open them. I also tried to import the converted files, It works here, but only 1 field âppears, the second field is grey !

I would add how I made these files

In fact I have created 2 files as export QT from ABVB system, 1 file with "cross platform" selected and a second one with this feature unselected, both import but in same conditions, only 1 field. That's where I am now !

Sorry, really sorry, it is something I thought I could figure out "easily"! 

sep

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 9:59 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

The error message mentioned just above worth to be showed !

TIFF_UNKNOWN_BYTESEX

Didn't actually know I have to handle with female and male bytes !

sep

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 11:38 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

twistlick I am very  disappointed I couldn't find "your" solution.  So  if you have sufficient time, I would suggest you to send me your file and I will convert it for you !

sep

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller