Latest post Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:15 PM by point&shoot. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 2:11 PM

• point&shoot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2005
    • Upstate New York
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Marquee / Backup to DVD Flow

Hello all. Two quickies for you. First does anyone have a problem in Marquee with certain fonts putting capital "A" too close to other letters. (ie the word "CAT" the A is closer to the c then the t. Sounds like a kerning issue but it doesnt show up in all fonts and it just seems to be with the letter A. Next, I build :30 spots for work. When done, I use MediaMover to backup all data pertaining to spot for client XYZ and delete from machine. In two months, client XYZ comes back and wants revisions. I put everything back into computer make revisions and want to back up revised version. Can I / how do I differentiate between the two versions. or how do I just backup the second version and not the first version again?
    HP Workstation xw8000 Avid Adrenaline 2.1.5 Sorenson Squeeze MediaMover [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 2:40 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: Marquee / Backup to DVD Flow

Question 1, never seen this ! What font specially ?

Question 2, Take a look at the creation date and only re-backup the "new" files.

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:15 PM In reply to

• point&shoot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2005
    • Upstate New York
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Marquee / Backup to DVD Flow

Thinks for the suggestion.  As for Marquee, typing the word VAN in marquee in all caps in the following fonts: (Not that I use all these fonts regualrly just curious why its happening)

Angostura, 20th Century Font, Almonte, AlternateGotNo1d, Binner Gothic just to name a few.

HP Workstation xw8000 Avid Adrenaline 2.1.5 Sorenson Squeeze MediaMover [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller