Latest post Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:08 AM by touviere7. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 20 2007 9:07 AM

Hidden Composer Window - How do I get it back?

I hope someone can help - I've lost my composer window. I've been able to display the timeline box, but the top two thirds of the screen have no composer windows there.

I'm using an old AVID MC1000 - on NT. When I started my project this morning both the timeline and composer windows had gone. I recovered the timeline but haven't been able to make the composer windows re-appear. I started a new user, same thing happened - no composer windows.

Other existing users settings do have the composer window....

Can anyone help me un-hide my composer window? Local AVID support don't know how...

Thanks very much.

• Fri, Jul 20 2007 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Hidden Composer Window - How do I get it back?

Pretty sure you've accidentally Hidden your windows.

You should be able to right-click on the top bar of the window (on the right screen) and deselect 'Hide Video'

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Jul 20 2007 4:09 PM In reply to

Hi,

I don't recall if it's under the Window menu or the Tools menu, but look for Composer in one of those menus.

good luck,

Carl

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jul 20 2007 4:38 PM In reply to

go to the windows menu and choose HOME
    Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Sat, Jul 21 2007 3:51 AM In reply to

Thanks to you all for your suggestions - I did find it!

It was actually behind the media composer screen at the finder level - and by selecting home it did re-appear.

Thanks again!

• Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:53 PM In reply to

I need help!  I have a similar problem, but these fixes didn't help!  I can't find my bin window!  I can make new bins and they pop up (with the Brief, Text, Frame, etc. tabs), but I can't find the one with all my clips in it!  Please, please help.

Sean J. McCoy

My System:
    Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
    6Gb RAM
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    AVID Media Composer 5.0.2
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 1800 Video Card
    LG BluRay/DVD/CD Burner
    4 Tb Memory

• Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:34 AM In reply to

Hi,

In the list of bins in the project window, double-click on the name of the bin that you can't find.  It should then pop in front of everything else.  If it doesn't, after double-clicking, try the Home command mentioned above, which should move it somewhere that you can see it.

Hope that helps.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:33 AM In reply to

close the project down to the project select window.  hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and open your project.  Continue to hold those keys till the project finshes opening. all of your bins will be closed.  open the one you want.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:06 AM In reply to

• ykt28403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 22 2016
    • Posts 18
    • Points 150

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:08 AM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 659
    • Points 7,470

on the upper left section of the main screen, 

it's always possible to grab the left edge and drag it to the right, to reveal the folders...

i know, i know, so frustrating...Idea

symphony 2019.12 - win 10 pro64 v.1909 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (442.19 studio) - intel i7 6800k @4.2ghz water cooled by corsair H100i... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller