Latest post Fri, Oct 19 2012 6:09 PM by knollcrest. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 18 2008 2:32 AM

Cannot get my Sony HVR-M15U deck configured to control and capture

Avid Express Studio Complete
    Software - AXP HD v5.2.4

Hardware - HP xw8400 with all Avid recommended specs
                       Avid Mojo
                       Digidesign 002

Deck - Sony HVR-M15U

The software does not offer the deck as a selection in the drop down menu of the deck configuration menu, so I've tried selecting the "generic" option and going from there.  I can autoconfigure the channel, but not the deck.  Once I apply the settings I get an error message telling me that the settings do not match the deck connected to the system. I've tried and successfully registered the DVBuffers, but that does not resolve the problem.  Now I'm stuck.  I've tried playing with the deck setting every which way from here to eternity but nothing works.

Anyone have this set up and this dilema figured out, or any solutions short of dumping the deck and getting one that is on the dropdown list?
  • Fri, Jan 18 2008 5:10 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot get my Sony HVR-M15U deck configured to control and capture

Loveless III:
    Once I apply the settings I get an error message telling me that the settings do not match the deck connected to the system.
    Is your project an HDV one and does the generic template say generic DV? You are attaching a HDV deck so you are applying setting that "do not match the deck connected to the system."

I can send you an M25U template that works reasonably with the M15 if you post your email address or private message me from the forum here with your address.
  • Wed, Apr 2 2008 3:42 AM In reply to

• Vidiot Tech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 6 2006
    • South Carolina
    • Posts 155
    • Points 1,815

I was having similar problems- Avid would control the deck, but I would get a "No Video Input" message when I tried to use the deck for HDV.

I've used the deck in DV mode many times so I knew the "Generic DV Device" setting would work- the problem had to be an HDV internal deck setting.

Finally found the proper settings on the deck:

HDV/DV SEL = HDV

VIDEO OUT = COMPONENT 1080I/480I

=DOWNCONVERT LETTERBOX

i.LINK SET = "OFF".

System Specs: Dell M90, 4GB Ram (3GB Avid Enabled), nVidia FX 1500 w/ driver 8.4.2.9, MC 2.8, QT 7.2, External WD 750 GB eSata Drive [view my complete system specs]

Steve Godsey, CLVS

Some producers are like slinkies: Completely useless, but you can't help but smile when you push one down the stairs.

• Wed, Apr 2 2008 4:59 AM In reply to

Try the M25 and Z1 templates...?

MC 7.0.2 iMac 4Ghz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.10.3, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, AMD radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, Retina 5k 27" + Dell 24", Flanders Scientific LM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 2 2008 9:14 AM In reply to

• Toolman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 13 2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hi

Steve has hit the nail on the head here I would say, I had the same issue on a M25 unit a week ago, and the settings in the deck were the problem.

Tim South Africa

• Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:14 PM In reply to

• Wes Torain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 22 2010
    • Huntsville-Decatur Alabama USA
    • Posts 65
    • Points 880

Vidiot Tech:

I was having similar problems- Avid would control the deck, but I would get a "No Video Input" message when I tried to use the deck for HDV.

I've used the deck in DV mode many times so I knew the "Generic DV Device" setting would work- the problem had to be an HDV internal deck setting.

Finally found the proper settings on the deck:

HDV/DV SEL = HDV

VIDEO OUT = COMPONENT 1080I/480I

=DOWNCONVERT LETTERBOX

i.LINK SET = "OFF".

We were having similar problems- Avid would control the deck, but I would get a "No Video Input" message when I tried to capture.

Selecting just HDV didnt work with Avid Media Composer 4.0.4 on Vista Business 64Bit. What did work was to do it in this order.

First make sure ilink is off.

Second choose Sony HVR-M25U in deck selection in media composer.

Third go to the deck it self and in the menu select Input/Output: HDV/SD: go to SD and select. It will then install drivers needed to control the deck and CAPTURE in SD mode.

Fourth go back into Input/Output: HDV/SD: select HDV. It will then install drivers to control the deck and CAPTURE in HDV mode.

It will work in all settings you choose even auto.

Dell Precision T7610-64bit Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon Processors Windows 7-Media Composer 8.3.1 QuickTime 7.7.9 32GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 Boot Hard... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:32 AM In reply to

I am also having a problem with my M15U on in Win 7 64 Bit MC5 Dual Core Quad 3.0 8 GB RAM, It used to be fine as a generic device, but now i can't even get to the menu before it freezes up on me.  If i scan for tapes it also freezes up.  I have to "end process". 

Side note. IF i get it working, why, if an error in the tape is detected, AND i have " stop tape when error is detected" selected, does the tape just keep rolling? 

Thanks, i could really use thehelp.

Mike

• Fri, Oct 19 2012 6:09 PM In reply to

Could I get the M25U template from you?  I need to capture mini-HDV tapes shot in 1080i into Media Composer 5.  I'm working in Mac OS X 10.7 on a MacPro.  Would be much appreciated.  THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller