Latest post Fri, Jan 16 2009 8:49 PM by AndrewAction. 56 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 6:13 PM In reply to

• Pif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid Tewksbury
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,305

Re: New Avid Site

Job ter Burg:

Pif, please comment on the Active/Unanswered issue. If you click the links, you are erratically redirected to MyForums.aspx.

Did in a previous post just a bit down. Please see here: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/56099/313186.aspx#313186

Summary: bug, click directly for now here: http://community.avid.com/forums/TopicsActive.aspx

Mike Pifalo

Sr. Web Producer, Onling Mktg and User Experience

http://www.avid.com

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Mar 17 2008 6:19 PM In reply to

Will wait and see then.

Presently it still looks like a post count multiplied by 12 (average from 11.5 lowest to 12.9 highest) at a quick check of the posters in this thread.

I believe the perk most regulars here want is seeing a person who posted a problem getting the help they need and subsequently posting that the issue is resolved. Points, post counts and perks are irrelevant in my view to forum members. For your background information fine.

• Mon, Mar 17 2008 6:35 PM In reply to

• Pif
    • Not Ranked
    • Avid Tewksbury
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,305

This issue should now be resolved.

Mike Pifalo

Sr. Web Producer, Onling Mktg and User Experience

http://www.avid.com

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Mar 20 2008 9:55 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Is Liquid no longer considered as an Avid program ?

Is it "Pinnacle" again ?

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 10:05 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Ah..yup.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 10:07 PM In reply to

sep:
     Is Liquid no longer considered as an Avid program ? Is it "Pinnacle" again ?

Hi Sep,

Yeah, it is.  Here's the info.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 11:11 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

OK, THX Carl !

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Mar 21 2008 1:49 AM In reply to

• kevinmic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 220

Job ter Burg-

Active and Unanswered should be getting you to the right place now.  Let me know if you are still getting erratic behavior.

Thanks!

• Fri, Mar 21 2008 2:24 AM In reply to

Todd Sanderson:
    I can no longer see who the original poster was... booooo

I agree, it was nice to see who started the thread as well as who the last person who posted was. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Mar 21 2008 8:20 AM In reply to

Kenton.VanNatten:
    I agree, it was nice to see who started the thread as well as who the last person who posted was. 
    It made it easy to recognise a thread. Views also gave a feel as to how a thread was progressing

• Fri, Mar 21 2008 11:36 AM In reply to

• janusz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Paris
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,560

I second this: the number of times a thread was viewed is an important indication of whether the absence of replies to a post was simply that it needed to stay up longer or that genuinely no-one has a reply....

The original poster was also useful.

Also in the MC Mac forum there are a lot of sticky threads and only 9 active recent threads; would be nice to be able to see more active threads on the first page and to eventually separate the stickies....

janusz

MC 2018.12 / OS 10.12.6 + others elsewhere [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 21 2008 11:41 AM In reply to

To piggy back off of janusz's comment.  I think part of the issue is the size of the root level of each forum.  The top level is really big now, leading to less threads per page.  Also it is tough to distinguish stickies from regular posts as the different icons are now much less noticable.  You can barely see the pin that indicates a sticky.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Fri, Mar 21 2008 1:09 PM In reply to

Agreed with all of these comments about the layout and displayed information of a thread.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 21 2008 4:42 PM In reply to

One I also find time consuming anf frustrating is when returning from a post you are clumsily dropped back with the forum menu at the top of the page (*with very few posts visible). Scroll to the middle find where you were look at another post and bang back to the top.

It feels to me like it has been designed to be pretty rather than to be efficient by users. I think it is possible to be both but we have not got there yet IMO

• Mon, Mar 24 2008 10:55 PM In reply to

• janusz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Paris
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,560

The search facility is nowhere near as good as the old one.... you can't specify the forum you're searching.... unless I'm missing something....

janusz

MC 2018.12 / OS 10.12.6 + others elsewhere [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller