Latest post Mon, Mar 24 2008 4:04 PM by monkeyberry. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: Avid and Coffee

There was an advertising campaign a while back built around coffee as "the think drink".

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 1:10 AM In reply to

I drink coffee, but not while editing; It's Dr. Pepper I drink like water. I have 3-4 bottles or cans a day...(some days more!)

-Matt

Avid Media Composer, Dell Precision 380, Pentium D 3.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM, nVidia Quadro FX 3450 with driver 91.85 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 1:40 AM In reply to

Um, me no drinkee coffee.  Although the reason is that it feels like knofe to the gut if I drink it...Super Angry

John
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 3:47 PM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2006
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,945

I think Avid should start sending out mugs and perhaps ISIS t shirts. There is an interesting nightclub in England called ISIS.

I'm hopefully getting a new 4.0 in April. [view my complete system specs]

If this job was easy it wouldn't be any fun.

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 3:57 PM In reply to

Here's an interesting article regarding the effects (and side effects) of caffeine.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 5:10 PM In reply to

• Solopost
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • California
    • Posts 1,566
    • Points 18,050

No coffee drinking here. Allergic. So I have to run on pure energy.

SYS# 1- MC6.5 Mac Pro 2xQuad-Core Intel 3.2Ghz 18Gb Ram OS 10.7.5 2Tb storage (mixed SATA/1394/1394b) SYS# 2- MC6.5 Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz (mid-2009) 4Gb... [view my complete system specs]

My Two Cents .02
    Kent Brockman

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 5:17 PM In reply to

I have two cups in the morning.  I play hockey on Wednesdays and do not typically get to bed till 2am those nights, so on Thursdays I often have a D&D medium coffee in the afternoon... mmmmmm... D&D coffee is the best.

That said... the cup at once vendor is coming tomorrow to do a demo... Big Smile

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 8:32 PM In reply to

• monkeyberry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • bushveld
    • Posts 612
    • Points 7,595

ive worked the whole day...  went home for dinner now back at work, 11pm here, ive got like 5 hours still to do,   cant do it without coffee and my trusted avid :)

maybe avid and coffee more closely linked than we know?  you dont think avid is actually a coffee company, that found a good way to make people drink lots of cups lol

have many avids all different, so cant post all specs... will rather say as required. KEEP THE DONGLE [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 10:29 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,386
    • Points 97,010

This, however unlikely sounding, is a true story!!!

I went to my local GP with headaches, stomach cramps, heart palpitations, and a perpetual feeling that my eyes were about to bulge out of my head.  She had obviously exhausted everything she could think of, and started asking more and more drug-related questions.

Finally she came right out with it.  "You're showing classic withdrawal symptoms.  Have you stopped taking drugs recently?"  (Me, flabbergasted) "No!"  "Well, what lifestyle changes have you had?"  "I've just stopped drinking coffee."  "How many a day were you drinking?"  "Oh, eight plus."  "BINGO!!!  You can't quit any drug cold turkey and not have problems.  I'm going to prescribe two cups of coffee a day for you.  THEN you can taper off as you wish."

So ten years later I'm still religiously taking my prescribed two cups a day.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 11:41 PM In reply to

I like Starbuck's Breakfast Blend, but not the way THEY make their coffee! It can practically grow hair on your tongue.  So, I buy it (whole bean) at the grocery store, and each morning I have my one freshly ground, freshly brewed perfect cup of classic American Diner coffee - not too strong, not too weak - just right - it's practically a religion with me. Well, maybe not a religion, but most definitely a ritual.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Mar 20 2008 1:58 AM In reply to

• vvp
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Edmonton, Canada
    • Posts 659
    • Points 8,025

1 - 2 cups in the morning and never after 12pm or I'm screwed.  Really, you'd have to peal me off the ceiling!

Surprise

Larry, it sounds like the perfect cup!  I'm in!

Smile

MC Symphony Nitris DX v.7.0.3 HP Z800 * MC Nitris DX v.7.0.3 HP Z800 * MC v.7.0.3 HP Z800 [view my complete system specs]

So my new wife asks me about my "Avid Forever" tattoo... I told her she's an old girlfriend who was always coming up with new things for me to try...

• Mon, Mar 24 2008 4:04 PM In reply to

• monkeyberry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • bushveld
    • Posts 612
    • Points 7,595

public holiday here in south africa today....  so spent some time with the family.

suddenly realized its middle of the afternoon and i hadnt had a single cup of coffee ALL DAY.   my head was throbbing!!!!   so i quickly had a cup, but was too late the damage was done...

quickest fix was a red bull ...  sorted me out just fine.   now just arrived at work....  HELLO COFFEE :)

have many avids all different, so cant post all specs... will rather say as required. KEEP THE DONGLE [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller