Latest post Wed, Mar 19 2008 12:08 PM by jwrl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 19 2008 1:10 AM

• mobilevp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 110
    • Points 1,595

Importing TrueType Fonts Into Marquee

I want to Import some additional TrueType fonts into Marquee.

Is the way to do this: open the Control Panel, go to the Fonts Folder, and add them there, and  Marquee will see them via Windows? Or, is it done within Marquee?

Also, I have seen free TrueType Fonts advertised for download on the Internet. I don't feel comfortable downloading from an unknown source that will go into my Avid. Isn't it possible for a downloaded TrueType Font file to have a virus? Does anyone know where I can purchase TrueType Fonts? Thanks.

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 8:30 AM In reply to

Re: Importing TrueType Fonts Into Marquee

mobilevp:
     I want to Import some additional TrueType fonts into Marquee.  Is the way to do this: open the Control Panel, go to the Fonts Folder, and add them there, and  Marquee will see them via Windows?

Hi,

Yes, that's how you do it.  I have no idea about virus issues, but I'd be wary, too.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 19 2008 12:08 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,386
    • Points 97,010

Re: Importing TrueType Fonts Into Marquee

It's not easy to encode a virus into a TTF or OTF file.  The concern that I would have about free font downloads is whether they are truly free.  I have encountered fonts that bear uncanny similarities to commercial products with the copyright and creator fields blanked.

That said, there's a heap of font suppliers out there.  Adobe have a range of font libraries in both ATM and OTF formats.  OTF should be able to be handled by Marquee.  You could also search for URW, who make complete font families using the original foundry names.  Letraset have a huge range of stylish fonts available for download.  Larabie offer both commercial and free fonts and are very good.

The problem really is where do you stop.  Go to MyFonts which is a site run by Bitstream, themselves a major font supplier.  They list a large number of font foundries.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller