Latest post Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:34 PM by video652. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2008 2:22 PM

Import video problem

Everytime I try to import a movie file or place an Avid FX input on a video, when I open Avid FX it only shows a still picture of the video and does not play the video itself. Then when I try to export it, only the still image shows and now the video. It is suppose to play the video in Avid FX like after effects does. these are my computer specs:

HP xw4400 Workstation

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU

6700 @ 2.66 Ghs

2.67 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional Service Pack 2

Internal Hard Drive Memory: 252 GB

Quicktime version: 7.1.3

Grapic Card: Nivida Quadro FX 3500

I am running Avid 5.7 with the studio Toolkit 5.7.

Filed under: , , , , , ,
  • Tue, Mar 25 2008 5:39 PM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2006
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,945

Re: Import video problem

What happens after you render ?

I'm hopefully getting a new 4.0 in April. [view my complete system specs]

If this job was easy it wouldn't be any fun.

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 6:40 PM In reply to

It only shows a still image of the video when I render it. I even used the effect on a movie sequences in my Avid editing application(when I place the avid fx input right on top of the video), lauched Avid FX, put the effect, and when I applied the effect, only the still image came out and not the entire movie file, though the duration is still the duration of the entire movie file.

This is a problem I had right when I installed my Avid Studio Toolkit.

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 7:59 PM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,945

Sorry to be a pain but  you have some media in your timeline and when you add any effects all you get is a still frame with the effect only on that regardless of if you render.

What ratio are you working at and what type of drive is your media on ? Sometimes you can get issues when you have a large amount of media on your hardrive and your rendering to it along with running the application.

Also have you checked your import settings just in case there are any issues size or type wise with what your importing.

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 8:28 PM In reply to

Yes, but this only happens with Avid FX. If I add any other effect within my editing application, it works fine. But if I use Avid FX on top of a movie file, or if I open Avid FX and import a movie file, then it only shows  a still image IN avid FX. So while I have Avid FX opened, it only shows a still image of the movie file. Then when I export it back into my editing application(that is if I have it opened), only the still image exports.

What do you mean what ratio? I save some of my media in my internal drive and most of the effects on an external media drive. I have lots of memory still. But this problem happens before rendering, while I am in Avid FX.

What should I check on my import setting?(you talking about the settings in my Avid editing applicating right?) Was I supposed to change any of those setting when I downloaded my Avid Studio Toolkit? Thanks for your help

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 12:17 PM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,945

What ratio as in 15:1 or 1:1 as different drives play back media differently. I use Lacie or G Tech for DV25 but SCSI for 2:1 and above. Internal drives will struggle to read higher res material etc as it's running Avid etc at the same time. Also concetion wise USB is fine for lower end stuff but will struggle reading higher resolutions.

When did your problem start ? Was it working until you started a particular process ?

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 7:52 PM In reply to

well I had this problem when I first downloaded my Avid Studio. So I decided to uninstall the software and then reinstall it again and it worked! Thanks for your help anyway.

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:34 PM In reply to

• video652
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Posts 525
    • Points 6,220

In AvidFX go to your composite monitor and click on preview, make sure auto update monitor is selected and also under preview go to image and make sure update source is selected.

HP Zbook 17 G2. 16gigs of ram, Nvidia k4100m [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller