Latest post Thu, Apr 10 2008 12:32 AM by demonipoli. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 10:12 PM

• demonipoli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

HW Fatal Error

Hi,

playing or viewing a clip, I get this Error Message:

Exception: HW Fatal Error:58 DRAGON_PB_EARLY_EDF_ERROR and SFCONS_VIDEO_TIMEOUT

I'm on a G4 Mac, 2 GB Ram, Media Composer 11.0.7 (Meridien)

Thanks for your advices

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 10:16 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: HW Fatal Error

Dragon errors were usually related to the Meridian board set but, for the life of me, I couldn't tell you which one anymore. Have you runthe Avid system test?

I'm gonna move this over to the Meridian forum so that you can get better answers from the Gurus there.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 10:29 PM In reply to

• siencs
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2007
    • Aberystwyth, Wales
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,105
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

Think that's a problem with the avid card in the G4, if you're confident try reseating it and also check the little jumper cable to the graphics card.

MC Symphony 8.8.5 on MacPro 3GHz 8-Core Xeon 12GB RAM, OS 10.12.6, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K MC Symphony 8.8.1 on iMac [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 10 2008 12:32 AM In reply to

• demonipoli
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Thank you both for your quick answers.

But, I have tried to reseat it, checked the jumper cable, done a disk first aid, a scan by diskwarrior, copied the media to another disk, but the problem still persist. I think there will be only some files which are corrupt, but how do I know if this problem doesn't occur more often during the whole editing.

I'm trying to do a system test, but everytime I launch it, my macintosh enters to Macsbug. And there, none of the commands works.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller