Latest post Thu, May 1 2008 8:32 PM by Bill Nelson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 30 2008 3:20 AM

Title Tool Fury

tried to edit a title from an existing project.

Just crashed clear back to the Cascading Curtain of Multi-Language Greyness as I attempted to do so. Seems it no longer could recognize a font I'd been using in that sequence for the tag for years.  Admittedly an ugly font, I do as I'm told.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?  Checked with FontBook.  OpenType font is active.

2 systems: Mobile: 15-inch Macbook Pro Retina 2.6GHZ i7 w/16 gig RAM, 1TB SSD, OS 10.14.4 running MC 2018.12.3 Legacy - MC v5.5.4, OS 10.5.8, QT 7.6, on... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 30 2008 6:31 AM In reply to

• BlueMac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 30 2008
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Re: Title Tool Fury

Hello Bill,

Not sure if it will affect your title tool issue, but I note that the version of QuickTime you are using is 7.31, but the Read Me doc on SW Media Composer only certifies version 7.2 of QuickTime.

Does the bug repeat every time you try to edit the title?

Do other titles cause the same problem?

Have you done the standard stuff for corruptions?  (eg. delete MC State, Site Settings, Site Attributes, repair permissions or run a disk utility like Disk Warrior?))

Have you tried using a new set of user settings?

How do you enter the title edit?  (from Timeline in Effect Edit, from a bin?)

Good Luck,

BlueMac

• Wed, Apr 30 2008 9:37 PM In reply to

• Kent Kreiger
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2007
    • Phoenix, Arizona
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,035
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Can you start a new project, open the bin with the title you want to recreate, copy the the title to a new sequence and then recreate?

Also, according to  http://community.avid.com/forums/t/44210.aspx

your version of QT shoud work fine.

Kent

Media Composer 6.5.2 Mac Pro Quad Core OSX 10.7.5 16 GB RAM Media Composer 5.5.2 HP laptop PC OS XP Pro Service Pack 2 4 GB RAM [view my complete system specs]

Kent Kreiger

ACI

Senior Editor

Kreiger Post

http://www.kreigerpost.com

• Thu, May 1 2008 8:32 PM In reply to

good idea on the trashing things, new project route...  well done.

2 systems: Mobile: 15-inch Macbook Pro Retina 2.6GHZ i7 w/16 gig RAM, 1TB SSD, OS 10.14.4 running MC 2018.12.3 Legacy - MC v5.5.4, OS 10.5.8, QT 7.6, on... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller