Latest post Mon, May 12 2008 10:45 PM by Def1412. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 12 2008 8:47 PM

• Def1412
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,175

Settings issues & Export for FCP

I have two problems:

1) I have XPRO 5.7.7 on two computers, but only use one at a time.  The laptop version shows a large number of different settings for export amongst other things, but the desktop version doesn't show any export setting at all.  I did a 'repair' with the avid software a few weeks ago.  My question is how can I get all the settings to show under the settings selection?  I do have 'all settings' selected so I should see them all!

2)  I have to export some large clips for edit on a FCP system.  I had heard that using the Blackmagic codec with a QT export would be the best way for the FCP system to take in the  clips.  I'm sending them on a portable hard drive.  Can anyone help me with this and the procedure on how to do it?

Thanks for your help in advance

Ken Byrnes

System: Avid XPro 5.7.7 Intel D975Xbx2 Motherboard Intel Dual Core Duo Extreme 2.4 Processor PNY Nvidia FX 1500 video card 160 gb system drive 250... [view my complete system specs]

Ken Byrnes City Java Films System: Intel D975Xbx2 Motherboard Intel Dual Core Duo Extreme 2.4 Processor PNY Nvidia FX 1500 video card 160 gb system drive 250 gb video drive 150 gb audio drive 150 gb effects drive

• Mon, May 12 2008 8:53 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Settings issues & Export for FCP

Def1412:
    how can I get all the settings to show under the settings selection?

Copy your user settings from the other system, Go tto the settings  tab on the system with no export options and under FILE choose OPEN SETTINGS FILE. NAvigate to the settings you copied over, open them and copy the export options into your  settings  window. Choose ADD them rather  than replace.

Def1412:
    I have to export some large clips for edit on a FCP system.  I had heard that using the Blackmagic codec with a QT export would be the best way for the FCP system to take in the  clips

Do you have those codecs on your system? If so, it's simply a matter  of choosing  them in the format options tab of your  export settings.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, May 12 2008 10:45 PM In reply to

• Def1412
    • Not Ranked
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,175

Re: Settings issues & Export for FCP

Thanks BlkDog, it worked just fine.

Ken

System: Avid XPro 5.7.7 Intel D975Xbx2 Motherboard Intel Dual Core Duo Extreme 2.4 Processor PNY Nvidia FX 1500 video card 160 gb system drive 250... [view my complete system specs]

Ken Byrnes City Java Films System: Intel D975Xbx2 Motherboard Intel Dual Core Duo Extreme 2.4 Processor PNY Nvidia FX 1500 video card 160 gb system drive 250 gb video drive 150 gb audio drive 150 gb effects drive

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller