Latest post Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:39 PM by Marc Eppler. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 21 2008 12:07 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Avid for Liquid Users: Lesson 5 - Simple capture error

The fifth in a series of tutorials created to assist Avid/Pinnacle Liquid users who are considering migrating to Media Composer.

It is so easy to overlook this simple piece of information when trying to capture, in the beginning.

Regards,
    Douglas

This tutorial can be viewed at "Full-screen" by clicking on the icon on the toolbar

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sat, Nov 21 2009 10:48 PM In reply to

• jita
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 13 2006
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,585

Re: Avid for Liquid Users: Lesson 5 - Simple capture error

I am trying to capture video with the audio into MC from a Panasonic DV Deck. When I go to select the Video and Audio Tracks in the capture tool it tells me that the Audio sample clock must be pulled down in order for the video and audio to be captured at the same time. I clicked on the pulldown tab and it said not supported.

I am trying to capture 24p video format in NTSC

Can you help me to see what I might be doing wrong>

thanks

OS MS Windows XP Pro32-bit SP3, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 @ 3.06GHz 36 °C RAM 4.0GB ASUSTeK Gfx SAMSUNG (1440x900@60Hz)NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 4HD 4TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 3 2010 6:45 PM In reply to

Hi Douglas; I just a week ago installed MC4 (will do MC5 when I get my Win 7 64) and thanks to your tutorials, as well as some others from Avid, I am up and running. I didn't find the transition from LE 7.2 hard. In fact I found the workflow rather similar, except that the buttons are in different places.

However, in reference to lesson 5 in your tutorials: "Simple capture error", I ran into an other problem which also can be called a simple user error:
    After having hocked up the cam to the PC's 1394 port, I could run the tape nicely and see the video in the record monitor.

Hoever, when I tried the second time, the Capture Tool stated "No Deck" in the green timeline window! Leaving MC, and launcheing LE, the cam worked ok.

Back in MC I looked around and found under Settings (Project window) > Deck configuration, there had appeared a second entry: "Firmware on No Port" and a Sony cam name in the ajacent box. I deleted this entry, and the cam worked ok. Where this entry came from I don't know because I was in this setting only once to map my Canon.
    I have a screen-shot of this, but don't know how to upload it to  this thread.

Hope this helps somone in the future.

Gerrit.

MC 7.03; System: Gigabyte MA790X-UD3P w/AMD Phenom II X4 940 cpu 3,0 Ghz, 8 Mb ram, Win 7-64, NVIDIA Quaddro FX 3800 gpu w/2 screens, 2x1Tb, 1x500GB and... [view my complete system specs]

Gerrit

• Tue, Aug 3 2010 10:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Gerrit,

and welcome to the Avid forums.

Thank you for posting that information.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:56 AM In reply to

I have am trying to capture using firewire directly to my sony laptop from a Sony pd150.

The software reconizes the camera and allows me to play the video but when i attempt to capture i get the following error:

You may not capture audio & video together unless the audio sample clock is pulled down.

The tab for the clock is not active.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Marc

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:24 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Marc,

This is something that I have never come across.
    So I have no idea at all what you need to do.

The posts above this one mention a similar problem and the solution.
    Have you tried that?

Otherwise keep your fingers crossed..... maybe someone with the answer will post their solution.

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:55 AM In reply to

Are you trying to capture in a 24p project?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:46 AM In reply to

yes i have the resolution set dv 25p

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:19 PM In reply to

Marc Eppler:

yes i have the resolution set dv 25p

But you're using a Sony PD-150.  Does that record at 24p?  I can't recall, but I don't think it does.  So, if that's the case, then you're trying to capture non-24p footage into a 24p project type.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:15 PM In reply to

i am still recording in sd

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:10 PM In reply to

Marc Eppler:
    i am still recording in sd

What?

You're not making a lot of sense.  This is an issue of frame rate.  You shot in either 30i or 25i (depending on where in the world you are) and are trying to capture it into a 24p project.  Audio Sample Clock Pulldown only matters in a 24p project. 

Is there a specific reason why you're trying to capture this stuff into a 24p project?  Can you use a 30i or 25i project?

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:30 PM In reply to

changing the frame rate to  30I or 23.976  both work.  Can i change  the frame rate in a project that I have already created or do i have to start a new project.   Which of the 2 frame rates is preferable.   Sorry if these questions sound stupid but i am just geting started with avid (previous liquid user

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:12 PM In reply to

Marc Eppler:
    Can i change  the frame rate in a project that I have already created or do i have to start a new project.

You'd have to start a new project. 

Marc Eppler:
    Which of the 2 frame rates is preferable.

That depends on how your footage was shot and how you're using it.  For example, if your footage is all SD 30i then it makes sense (to me) to create a 30i project.  If you footage is 24p, then it makes sense to start a 24p project.  But, as I said earlier, I don't think the PD150 shoots 24p.

• Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:57 PM In reply to

Thanks for the help i will use 30I.  Is there any way to change the setting after a project has been created or do i need to start a new project

• Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:52 AM In reply to

Marc Eppler:
    Is there any way to change the setting after a project has been created or do i need to start a new project

Kenton.VanNatten wrote the following post at Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:12 PM:

Kenton.VanNatten:

Marc Eppler:
    Can i change  the frame rate in a project that I have already created or do i have to start a new project.

You'd have to start a new project. 

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller