Latest post Mon, Sep 18 2017 9:32 AM by pierreh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 8 2008 3:04 AM

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

bring all windows to front

Hi all,

is there a way to set avid to bring all the avid window panes to front when you click on one of them? Rather than having to click the avid icon in the dock or quick switch to avid.

thanks,

jayson

www.oldchildprojects.com

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Sun, Jun 8 2008 3:09 AM In reply to

• Codec Moment
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 21 2007
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 353
    • Points 4,630

Re: bring all windows to front

Command tab to Avid and they should all show up.

Mac OSX 10.6.8 Avid Media Composer v6.0.1 Macbook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM [view my complete system specs]

I trust orange juice more than I trust most people.

• Sun, Jun 8 2008 4:30 AM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

Hi codec,

yeah, that's what I already do. I think i invented the term quick switch but that's what I meant, cmd and tab. but I usually have already clicked one of the avid panes so I'm actually in avid. then I quick switch (cmd and tab) which takes me out of avid and I have to cmd tab again to get back into avid. I just want to find a setting that you check that says bring all windows forward when in application. but i don't know if it exists.

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 17 2017 6:36 PM In reply to

• ykt28403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 22 2016
    • Posts 18
    • Points 150

Jayson:

Hi codec,

yeah, that's what I already do. I think i invented the term quick switch but that's what I meant, cmd and tab. but I usually have already clicked one of the avid panes so I'm actually in avid. then I quick switch (cmd and tab) which takes me out of avid and I have to cmd tab again to get back into avid. I just want to find a setting that you check that says bring all windows forward when in application. but i don't know if it exists.

I have the exact same question! I also Cmd-Tab; but it'd be nice to have another keyboard shortcut, since I usually have multiple programs open (in today's ADHD world).

• Mon, Sep 18 2017 9:32 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,259
    • Points 15,180

You are questionning one of the fundamentals of Mac OS...

Having said that, you're right that FCP had (has?) a setting called "Bring all windows to the front" which does exactly what you would like to see with MC.

Maybe post this in the "Feature requests" part of this forum?

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig RAM, Mojo DX, 10.14.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller