Latest post Wed, Jul 9 2008 3:17 AM by BLKDOG. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 8 2008 11:55 PM

• flanfan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 8 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Running Avid MC 3.0 on a MacBook Pro CORE DUO?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the community and haven't seen a post mentioning this question, although it might be a non-issue. I've used Avid MC 2.8 a great deal at Uni, but didn't get a copy for my machine since I was running Leopard and didn't want to downgrade to Tiger. Now that Avid MC 3 is available, I see that the system requirements have leapfrogged my system. It calls for a laptop with a Core 2 Duo running at 2.33GHz or higher, plus an nVidia chipset. I have a first gen MBP, Core Duo 1.83GHz, with an ATI chipset. Since my machine clearly doesn't meet these "requirements," I was curious if it is still possible to run the software, though perhaps with a performance hit. I can't find the old requirements for 2.8 anywhere, but if memory serves me well it would have run fine on my machine, save for Tiger.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a couple of projects coming up and I'd much rather use MC than FCP.

• Wed, Jul 9 2008 3:17 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Running Avid MC 3.0 on a MacBook Pro CORE DUO?

Considering  that I have gotten it to work on  G4 Aluminum Powerbook, I think you could be just fine. Contrary to the system requirements, I have yet to run into an ATI card that Avid didn't like. The qualified iMacs on Avid's list are shipped with ATIs so to say that aren't supported is, to say the least, a bit confusing.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller