Latest post Tue, Jul 29 2008 2:47 PM by BLKDOG. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 29 2008 3:09 AM

Capturing from DVX100A No Deck control

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm using Avid Media Composer version 2.0 on a Mac Pro. I have a Panasonic DVX100A camera and I tried capturing but I couldn't get any deck control. I could capture without deck control but that's not what I was hoping to do. I couldn't find the device in the menu under all devices but I found another DVX and used that. Still no deck control. It also kept registering timecode breaks. A lot of them on the tape. I didn't think there would be so many. So I checked off the box that says, "record over timecode breaks" but they kept happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and I unplugged the mojo and sent the firewire from the camera directly to the computer for this process.

• Tue, Jul 29 2008 12:34 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Capturing from DVX100A No Deck control

You need to update that software Josh. This was a problem in 2.0 but, I believe, was fixed in 2.5.x.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Tue, Jul 29 2008 2:25 PM In reply to

I'd like to know what's wrong and some help to fix it.

• Tue, Jul 29 2008 2:47 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

I just told you what's wrong. That was a bug in the older software. If you update, your problem will probably be fixed.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller