Latest post Thu, Jul 31 2008 9:21 PM by videoguy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 31 2008 2:54 PM

• Chris Rink
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 30 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Looking for Blu-Ray Burner Recommendations

Spending that surprise, end-of-the-fiscal-year money, and decided to make the jump to full HD in post. We have enough to buy a new Nitris Media Composer turnkey but not a studio HD deck. Thinking that going with a quality Blu-ray writer ($1K or less -- single disc is fine) to at least export a produced product as a good, short-term solution until next year's funding comes in. Avid reps are not giving any recommendations "any quality Blu-ray burner will do." But fellow Avid users in my area are singing the blues about incompatibilities with quality Blu-ray burners with their systems. 

Thoughts or recommendations? Appreciate it.   

• Thu, Jul 31 2008 9:21 PM In reply to

• videoguy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Plainview, NY
    • Posts 481
    • Points 6,680

Re: Looking for Blu-Ray Burner Recommendations

Our custoemrs have had very good success with the Pioneer BDR-202 and Avid DVD for authoring and burning blu-ray.

The BDR-202 is an internal SATA drive.

Gary

Media Composer 3.5 ASUS P6X58D-E w/ Intel i7 980 Hex-core, 24GB RAM, PNY Quadro4000, Win7, SATA Boot drive, G-Speed eS for video [view my complete system specs]

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 http://www.videoguys.com We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller