Latest post Sat, Aug 16 2008 3:28 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 16 2008 2:21 PM

• Dreamer D
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2007
    • NYC
    • Posts 145
    • Points 2,050

Academic upgrade?? And another question...

Hi all, I have a coupla questions...

Thinking it wouldn't affect me, up till now I've ignored all the talk about the EOL upgrade to MC.  I just figured I'd keep using it til it became an issue.  But now I realize I should pay attention, even though it's old news now.  So, where can I find the info I need?  I am a student and have academic version of AXP (software only) -- is there an Academic version of MC?  If so, how do I make the switch?

Also, can AXP or MC Academic (if there is one) be used to edit footage shot on a RED?  Without having a Mojo?

TIA,

Dreamer

Avid Xpress Pro v5.8......Dell Precision Workstation 390......Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHz/Dual-core)......Windows XP Pro (SP2)......2 GB DDR2 ECC SDRAM... [view my complete system specs]

I edit in my dreams*

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Sat, Aug 16 2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Academic upgrade?? And another question...

Hi,

See the post at the very top of the Xpress Pro forum that says "Xpress Pro Discontinued - Upgrade to Media Composer Information, FAQ..."?  Start there.  If you still have questions, come on back to this thread and we'll get answers.

As for Red, search the forums for "red camera workflow" and you'll find a lot of posts about how to bring Red footage into Avid.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller