Latest post Sun, Sep 7 2008 8:20 PM by papu. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 20 2008 11:50 PM

• unihill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 20 2008
    • Posts 5
    • Points 145

Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware - PLEASE HELP!

Hi. I have the latest version of MC (2.8.4).

I have Xp Professional and an Intel Dual CPU E2180. I have a motherboard with a Realtek HD soundcard which has all the latest drivers. I also have the latest version of quicktime.

When Avid reaches 'Initialize audio' in the loading screen I get the error message "Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware". I have tried changing the audio settings in my BIOS from 'auto' to 'AC97' however this simply stops the sound card from working (which means avid runs, but without sound!). I cannot change the settings on the realtek mixer confiog screen either.

CAN ANYONE HELP AT ALL??!

• Thu, Aug 21 2008 12:01 AM In reply to

Re: Exception: Failed to initialize audio hardware - PLEASE HELP!

Be advised that the latest version of Quicktime is not what you want. Look at the version matrix.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Aug 21 2008 12:10 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,683
    • Points 211,405
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

This may not be the problem in your case, but I can inform of the following (in my case)

When I was using MC 2.8.2 I  had "Exception:........" when I had a USB mike connected for doing captures in Camtasia.

After I upgraded to MC3 - the problem disappeared. I could use a USB mike and still have MC audio initialise.

Who knows, maybe upgrading to MC3 would solve your problems too.

Regards,

Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 21 2008 12:13 AM In reply to

I have also heard that on certain systems, webcams can cause an audio conflict, strange as that may sound.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Aug 21 2008 6:06 AM In reply to

• jonlomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

I had this problem.  It was caused by the onboard Realtek audio. 

Sollution: buy a new audio card.

Dell T5400 dimension, Mojo external SATA drives nvidia fx 5200 digidesign 002 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 21 2008 10:32 AM In reply to

unihill:
    I have a motherboard with a Realtek HD soundcard

Hi,

Search is your friend.  If you search for "realtek" you'll find a lot of posts with a lot of workarounds to try.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Sep 7 2008 8:20 PM In reply to

• papu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 3 2008
    • india
    • Posts 40
    • Points 405

i had the same problem my mother bored is also having ac 97. that vertion of on board sound will not work . ask the hardwerer to up grage the bois are if u have programmed chip ac100 are upgrade chip put it on the sest otherwice fast work is buy the sound card. it will work 100% i tried it now also is running.

Intel(R) Pentium(r) 3..40GHz. DDR2 ram 2Gb. 1TB of internel Hardisk. Xpress HD. Nvidia Graphic card. [view my complete system specs]

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller