Latest post Tue, Aug 26 2008 8:18 PM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 26 2008 2:44 PM

• benny c
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 26 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Is there a way to export an entire Avid MC Project to Pro Tools?

Hello,

I'm working on a tv show that has a huge library of sound which I've created as a project in Avid Media Composer 3.0. This sound library will be really useful for the guys who are doing the sound mixing on Pro Tools.

Is there a way of exporting the project entirely (Cuts and bins) to Pro tools? So I don't have to export each sequence as a seperate OMF or WAV file?

Any help would be great!

Many thanks,

Ben

• Tue, Aug 26 2008 8:10 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to export an entire Avid MC Project to Pro Tools?

• Tue, Aug 26 2008 8:18 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to export an entire Avid MC Project to Pro Tools?

benny c:
    Is there a way of exporting the project entirely (Cuts and bins) to Pro tools?

Sorry, not that I know of. If you do find a way, let me know.

Here's what I usually do on large projects.

I copy all audio media to an external drive. I export the final edits that they'll need to work with as AAF (or OMF, if needed). I also create several (Auto)Sequences that contain the source footage (like all takes per scene), plus a sequence with all wild tracks, music tracks, etc. Your music library could be similar.

If they open up each of those seqeunces, all elements in those sequences will be available in the session browser for easy access.

However, actual bins and cuts don't travel. Unfortunately. Once upon a time there was AudioVision, which could copen complete Avid projects for sound editing/sweetening/finish. It had access to all bins, timelines etc.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller