Latest post Mon, Sep 8 2008 7:07 PM by SageCF. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 5 2008 6:46 PM

• SageCF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 15 2006
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Digitize problem with Mojo SDI

Hello,
    We’ve recently upgraded from a Mojo to the Mojo SDI, and are now having trouble using our DVCAM deck. I have the Mojo SDI plugged into the rear motherboard firewire port, and the DVCAM attached to the Mojo SDI via firewire. Whenever I switch from DNA mode to 1394 to try and digitize I get the following error.

Exception: ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr: PMDIO_Input Mode:: Start_driver error: - FTStatus Code – FT_StartLinkFailed – FlamethrowerOHCICaptureLink::StartLink- Failed to start stream.

If I remove the Mojo SDI and only plug in the deck I’m able to digitize, so I don’t think there’s any issue with the deck or cable.

And if I have the Mojo SDI on the rear firewire port, and the deck on the front port then I get the following error, which I assume is because they’re on the same bus when they shouldn’t be. The ‘output to DV device’ option is not checked on.

A device on the 1394 Bus causing problems. Please remove it or disable ‘output to DV device.’ – FTStatus Code – FT_LinkInitializationFailed – FlamethrowerLinkManager:: OpenLink – Failed to create link object.

Any ideas?

Here’s the computer specs:
    Mac OS 10.4.11
    Dual 2.7ghz Power PC G5
    3.5gb RAM
    Avid Media Composer 2.8
    2 internal SATA drives
    3 external drives, each on an individual PCI card

Thanks,

Sage

• Sat, Sep 6 2008 2:28 AM In reply to

Re: Digitize problem with Mojo SDI

I suggest you attach the deck to a pci FW card and daisy those drives together if you are out of pci slots.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Mon, Sep 8 2008 7:07 PM In reply to

• SageCF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 15 2006
    • Posts 8
    • Points 105

Re: Digitize problem with Mojo SDI

The trouble with that is we had the external drives chained together in the past, and were getting bus errors like crazy. If I can't get the deck to work while attached to the Mojo then I'm likely to have to have multiple items on one bus, which may just mean I'm swapping one error for another.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller