Latest post Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:43 AM by Igor Ridanovic. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 30 2008 6:41 AM

Media Composer Export to Avid DS

Learn how to prepare and export a sequence from Media Composer to Avid DS for finishing. All steps are listed at the end of the short video.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Wed, Nov 5 2008 2:27 AM In reply to

• korzon44
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: Media Composer Export to Avid DS

How to export sequence with media to Avid DS. This is not simply process.

Avid DS not support embedded media and usually lost links to media from Media Composer.

Best Regards

Dariusz Ksionek

korzon44@wp.pl

• Wed, Nov 5 2008 4:24 AM In reply to

• mrmikster
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Los Angeleez
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,450
    • Moderator: Avid DS
      Moderator: MetaFuze

What's so complex about it? Consolidate and move the media to a drive. Create an AFE file in MC. Copy the media to your DS MXF folder and conform the AFE.

Works for me.

Michael

"There are no rules for the brave". Albert Einstein

• Wed, Nov 5 2008 2:59 PM In reply to

Thanks for your feedback Dariusz.

You may be referring to linking to MFX media from Avid DS. This was not  a subjet of the tutorial which focuses on how to export and AFE for Avid DS only.

Still, linking to MXF files shared between Media Composer and Avid DS is not particularly hard if you follow the steps in the manual.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Sun, Nov 9 2008 11:24 PM In reply to

• Adam Sondej
    • Not Ranked
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 40
    • Points 500

It would be great if the decompose tool had the ability to NOT add "new" to all the clips

so that DS source side clip effects applied to all instances of the original MC clip.

DS 10.5.2, Z800 2.93GHz Hex, Kona 3, Nvidia 4000, 16TB JMR Bluestore/Atto 680, Red Rocket MC 5.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:46 PM In reply to

Hi Igor,

Quick question; why are you decomposing the duplicated sequence?  Why not just export the AFE from the duplicate sequence.  What is the benefit of decomposing just to delete the decomposed clips?

Thanks for all your tutorials, they're becoming a big help recently!

Cheers,

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:43 AM In reply to

You can export an AFE from the original sequence or the duplicated sequence, but what will happen in DS is that all newly conformed master clips will reflect the original clip length from Media Composer.

For example, if your master clips in Media Composer reflect the duration of the entire tape, they will conform the same way in DS even though your sequence may only use small sections of this tape. This is suboptimal if you intend to capture media from the bin in DS. You'd end up having to capture far more material than what is visible in the timeline.

You can always capture from timeline though, even in this case, and capturing from timeline ensures you capture only the used material. My personal preference is capturing from the bin because I have more sorting control that way.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller