Latest post Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:00 PM by JamesVibe. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 31 2008 10:27 PM

• wilorg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • Posts 69
    • Points 935

Consistency Check Failure

I'm getting a Consistency Check Failure warning button on a fully editied and otherwise good working sequence - it is preventing me from exporting or mixing down - any ideas how to turn off the check? The footage otherwise looks fine and I can't see where the problem lies, or what to do - the problem wasn't there when I cut the stuff, only showing up now, and not always on rendered footge, so I can't blame that.... the footage is mixed EX cam 1080 p 25 and HDV 1080i all edited on a 1080p 25 timeline using DNXHD 120 MXF, standard raster.

Everything looked fine until just now when getting ready to do a mixdown prior to exporting it final FX and DVD....

Avid Symphony 6.5, Intel Core Duo Quad Core 2.8Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro k2000, 4.5 Tb internal disk array, Win 7 ultimate 64, dual 24" Samsung... [view my complete system specs]

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

• Fri, Oct 31 2008 11:58 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,943
    • Points 82,395
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Consistency Check Failure

can you still play the sequence in whole?

Menno

35 MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - Media Director - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 80 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Sat, Nov 1 2008 10:22 AM In reply to

• wilorg
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • Posts 69
    • Points 935

if I advance out of the frame that hangs it up, yes. Otherwise, it hangs at a seemingly random frame... - when viewed on a frame by frame basis, I see no visual errors with the image

Avid Symphony 6.5, Intel Core Duo Quad Core 2.8Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro k2000, 4.5 Tb internal disk array, Win 7 ultimate 64, dual 24" Samsung... [view my complete system specs]

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

• Sat, Nov 1 2008 10:58 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Random frames of the very same clip? If so redigitize it.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, Nov 1 2008 12:06 PM In reply to

• wilorg
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • Posts 69
    • Points 935

if you mean recapture, that is a problem - this was all on tapless media, and those media are since reused. If you mean rerender, I can do that...

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 10:53 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

If You cannot reimport the original file try a videomixdown of the clip, and use that instead, but it may or may not work.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Tue, Nov 4 2008 10:57 PM In reply to

moving through the timeline is ok when done by hand... not when playing? What version of the graphic card driver are you using?

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Wed, May 13 2009 3:12 AM In reply to

• kstrehle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 13 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

I was experiencing the exact problem and found that a mixdown, consolidate or even a transcode would fix the problem. I wasn't comfortable deleting the original clips, so I didn't but... I DID find a way to locate the offending frame/s.

When I was doing the mixdown/consolidate, I found that the mixdown or consolidate would hang up during the export process... I was unable identify the frame that was causing the issue, since it was playing within the time line itself. Long and short of it is, I found the problem using the failed mixdown. Just put it on the timeline on an added track, it pointed right too the problem, just like bread crums. Find it, kill it, redig if you have too, or cut it all together if you don't have the source.

Kev

• Thu, May 14 2009 12:35 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,373
    • Points 96,875

First time poster, posting with a solution!  Congrats and welcome, Kev!

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 14 2009 1:01 PM In reply to

• wilorg
    • Not Ranked
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • Posts 69
    • Points 935

My good ness! This project wrapped so long ago i forgot about that problem. But no doubt it will surface in the future again, so thanks Kev! great idea, sensible way to attack the problem.

Aleks

• Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:10 PM In reply to

• borys.t
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 29 2009
    • Posts 45
    • Points 640

i;m sorry if this sounds amateur but could you give me more detailed instructions on how to do this? when you say kill it do you literally mean remove that single frame from the timeline? i just don't get what the process is you outline here.

thanks in advance.

• Tue, May 24 2011 10:57 AM In reply to

• Jamie Saari
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 14 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 7
    • Points 80

I am in the same boat as borys.t.

I'm experiencing the same issue, but don't understand what the posters are recommending.

Detailed steps would be very helpful. :-)

• Tue, May 24 2011 10:40 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,373
    • Points 96,875

borys.t:
    when you say kill it do you literally mean remove that single frame from the timeline?
    Since Kev signed up to post that answer and hasn't been back it's unlikely that he will elaborate.  I can only guess, but it suggests to me that he just removes that frame.  It would be better to recapture or re-import that entire clip and replace it if you can.

An alternative technique that most people use to track these errors down is the "divide and conquer" approach.  Split your timeline in half, and find which half has the faulty media.  Split the faulty half in half again and repeat the process until you track down to the faulty clip.

Obviously you can use the same technique inside that clip to find the individual bad frame(s), but it's usually simpler just to recapture.

It should be obvious anyway, but before you do anything to your master sequence make sure you have a copy.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 25 2011 12:45 PM In reply to

• jeffmurray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2006
    • Glasgow United Kingdom
    • Posts 72
    • Points 920

Hi

We have had this error many times.  There is quite a bit about it in the Media Composer Macintosh forum too.

Over there (on the dark side - joking) they felt it was due to attached USB drives having some clips or renders on them.  One other poster also thought old unsupported versions of Avid FX plug ins were to blame.  Nothing conclusively resolved it for some of them and for us.  We still get it following all the advice in this forum and the Macintosh forum.  Got it last week on our latest project. 

I confess we have both USB drives attached (although make sure they are NOT referenced in the Media Creation/render settings) and we have an old version of Avid FX (unsupported and I am hoping to upgrade production suite soon).  But we tried the project with the USB's detached and uninstalling old Avid FX (on same project it still re-occurred).

Our error occurs on Canon 5D Mark ii files imported from AMA linked clips then consolidated to import the files as DNxHD codec.  It does not occur if we import the clips the old way with the import command and wait for them to import.  It occurs on dissolves and it is the same frame every time - deleting frames just moved the problem for us to the first frame after the cut - so we gave this up - also its not cool to remove frames in the middle of a dissolve - you get a different error - related to insufficient clip length for the dissolve, etc.  When we get the error, we exit MC 5.5 (yes it occurs on the later versions) - reboot the computer and then we can re-enter MC and send the clip to QT reference.  Another work around is to use export and render the clip in MC as an MP4 (takes ages) and then you can re-code the clip in Sorensen or whatever (you will lose some quality this way). 

A couple of points -

1. We mistakingly chose DNxHD 10 bit for the codec on the import - really, really worsened the problem.  But it still occurs with the (is it) 8 bit codec.

2. If we remove the dissolves - no problem - clip sends to QT Ref perfectly.  That is the problem is in the rendered effect - not the source clip.  Although once it occurs in the clip on the timeline if we send that clip from the bin to the monitor it occurs playing the clip back in the monitor (ie: there is no render in the source clips its fresh from the bin) - not the time line.  Weird ?- we thought so.

3. Re-importing, consolidating, transcoding, re-render in to out - none of these fixed it.

4. We have (as mentioned) upgraded to 5.5 hoping it went away - we have also gone to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - unsupported and let Windows Update the Nvidia Quadro Driver to the latest (unsupported version) - still have the problem.  BUT I will note our playback of AMA files is wonderful - best it's ever been - smooth and real time - render resolution set to low or yellow.

5. This problem does not occur on MC 5.01 it was introduced I think from 5.03 on-wards.  If you roll your system back you may find the same thing.

6. The problem is really, really bad if you mix clip resolutions on the time-line - ie: we used Canon 7D 60 fps 720p files on a time line with 5D 24fps 1080p files and the error occurred all over the place even where there were no dissolves.  That project became unmanageable.

7. Finally we have an 'unsupported' system - ie: a DIY build following VideoGuys DIY 7 project - http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/C/DIY+Systems/Videoguys+DIY++Intel+Core+i7/0xe07f65920351fbf3ed8f9892355dfda0.aspx so there maybe issues with the main-board chip-set.  But others with this flavor workstation are not complaining so its maybe our old Avid FX (but we're not doing without it) or our RAM memory (which was not a matched 6 set but a 3 + 3), or something else we haven't stumbled on.

PS:  Win 7 SP1 and the latest Nvidia Quadro driver (unsupported) really decreased FX render times by like 2/3s and the AMA playback is now wonderful.

UPDATE: 14 June, 2011 - this is fixed now in versiuon 5.5.2.

Homebuilt PC based on videoguys DIY 7. Asus P6X58-E, Intel Core i7 950, Nvidia Quadro FX1800, 1TB Adaptec SATA Raid. [view my complete system specs]

Regards Jeff

• Sat, Jul 9 2011 12:25 PM In reply to

Having the same problem. 5.5.2 did not fix it.

MC 7.0.2 iMac 4Ghz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.10.3, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, AMD radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, Retina 5k 27" + Dell 24", Flanders Scientific LM... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller