Latest post Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:17 PM by adam5000. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 4 2009 10:00 AM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 922
    • Points 10,730

Re: USB Headset...?

I have a Samson CO1U USB Mic.
    In OSX, it appears in the audio section of the system preferences but you cannot select it with the import function in Avid.

It doesn't appear as a disk or file or sth...

With the Capture Tool or Punch In I can only select the ports of my Mojo SDI (RCA, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, SDI)

I use Apple's Soundtrack to record sth.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:39 PM In reply to

So I take it this has never been updated with all the AVID updates.  Still unable to record audio via a USB mike, correct?  I've tried, and can't get Avid to recognize a USB connection, unless there's a work-a-round I'm not aware of.  Any new knowledge out there about this? (I'm working in 5.5.  Maybe this is one thing they could add to the "new" "open" 64 that's coming down the pike.  Would be nice.

How hard is that?

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:17 PM In reply to

• adam5000
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 640
    • Points 8,490

aphollywood:

So I take it this has never been updated with all the AVID updates.  Still unable to record audio via a USB mike, correct?  I've tried, and can't get Avid to recognize a USB connection, unless there's a work-a-round I'm not aware of.  Any new knowledge out there about this? (I'm working in 5.5.  Maybe this is one thing they could add to the "new" "open" 64 that's coming down the pike.  Would be nice.

Search around these forums for more info, because I had trouble confirming that USB mics worked so I went out andI tested the Audio Technica AT2020 and the Shure USB to XLR adapter and they both worked fine.

MC Version 8.4.4 Mac OS 10.10.5 IMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5 16gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller