Latest post Wed, Dec 10 2008 8:29 PM by Abeyta. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 8 2008 10:21 AM In reply to

Re: Please Help! HD Monitoring....?

Is the 24psf rate just for film work though? I will be delivering to BBC at 1080/50i which is all they take (even if shot 1080/25p).

Plasmas sound good, are they just fed from nitirs hdmi?

• Mon, Dec 8 2008 9:26 PM In reply to

• jakeheat
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 3 2006
    • London
    • Posts 491
    • Points 5,905

We have two JVC DTV-24L1U's.

Absolutely fantastic.  They take a couple of minutes to warm up in the morning, but other than that I can't fault them for anything, especially colour reproduction. We use them for SD, HD, 25p 25i 24p - all good.  The majority of work here we do are commercials so I can safely say that they're more than suitable for broadcast.  They're not too bright, which makes them ideal in a dark online suite. But if you are doing HD make sure that you have a decent compatible waveform monitor/ vectorscope - this will cost a fair bit more than the video monitor - but any tech errors with HD masters will also be costly.

One thing to be careful of when using LCDs, is that you have to look at them straight on - or thereabouts, otherwise the image will appear milky.  So make sure you client is sitting dead on when they view you work.

Media Composer 2018.9 MacPro 6 core - 32 GB RAM - OS:10.13.6 3.33Ghz iMacs, Macbook Pros. BM, AJA, Matrox After Effects, etc [view my complete system specs]

@jaketheeditor 

• Mon, Dec 8 2008 11:42 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,745

jakeheat:
    So make sure you client is sitting dead on when they view you work.

...through the back of your head...

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Wed, Dec 10 2008 6:31 PM In reply to

The Kuro shows everything the Avid spits out... both over HDMI and component...

• Wed, Dec 10 2008 8:29 PM In reply to

• Abeyta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Phoenix
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,465

For HD I use both, a Panasonic BT-LH 2600W and an Elite Kuro Pro 150 60" plasma. The blacks on the Kuro are much truer. I also use a Sony PVM via sdi for the downconvert.

Mac Pro 2013 6 Core 3.5ghz, MC Symphony 8.7, 16GB RAM, D700, OS 10.10.5, Ultrastudio 4K, Pegasus2 R6 12TB [view my complete system specs]

Derrick Abeyta | Blu Pixel

Phoenix, Arizona

www.blupixelpost.com

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller