Latest post Thu, Dec 11 2008 12:36 PM by Emroy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 10 2008 8:00 PM

• Emroy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Transcoding DVCPRO HD on DV for a digital cut

Hello,

I have a project shot on DVCPRO HD (1080i/25p). I'm working on a AVID XPRESS PRO MOJO 5.7.7. My client want the project on a DV-Cam tape. It's not a very good idea but he's the client... I tried to export QuickTime Ref, convert in QuickTime DV-Pal and re-import in a new AVID project but it was very long and the loss of quality was huge. What is the simpliest and best way to do that ?

Thank you for your help (and sorry for my bad english...)

Em

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 4:49 AM In reply to

Re: Transcoding DVCPRO HD on DV for a digital cut

No way around it. Transcode, mixdown or export using DV codec will result in significant reduction of quality. You can also try exporting a QT Ref file (completely rendered) and importing it in a DV project.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 7:56 AM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 448
    • Points 5,255

You could play out to tape (DVCPRO-HD) and make a copy to dv-tape (downconvert). You ill need two decks of course...

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 12:36 PM In reply to

• Emroy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thank you for your answers.

I finally find a solution very simple with no export or transcoding. It's hard to believe but it works perfectly and the quality is very good.

I just create a new project in DV PAL 25p. I import the bin with my editing from the DVCPRO HD project. I open it in the timeline. I can read it and see it in my monitor through the Mojo. Here I have two solutions : transcode it in DV or directly make a crash record from the timeiine. The last solution is the fastier ant it works just as well.

I hope this can be useful.

Thanks again.

Em

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller