Latest post Sat, Dec 20 2008 9:05 PM by Michael16oz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 11:02 PM

• rafaboni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 22 2008
    • Bogota
    • Posts 9
    • Points 175

capturing from red one camera

Hi everybody, I have worked whit red one camere in some projects but now we buy a new red one camera and i'm trying to capture directly from the hd-sdi output plug from the camera the play format is 1080p but ds nitris dual link is 1080 psf and the camera not support that format i have downloaded the xena2k plugins for after effects and in to the after i have captured the media, any body know if is possible to capture in 1080p on my ds nitris or this is imposible???

im trying that because convert the orinigal r3d material it spend a lot of time and some times we dont need to work in 4k material.

• Mon, Dec 15 2008 3:35 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: capturing from red one camera

Hello,

Avid DS currently does not capture or import RED material directly.  You have to use a file conversion workflow, and some good examples are posted on the publicly owned DSWiki web site (http://dswiki.wikispaces.com/Red).

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Sat, Dec 20 2008 9:05 PM In reply to

Re: capturing from red one camera

Not doubting you have a good reason to capture directly from camera but:

The output of the camera if using the 1080p playback mode (not the default mode) does not show the whole picture. It is a centre cut that matches 4xHD.

The debayer quality is not what you can achieve with the many easy methods availble. Red see it as a HQ video tap. I suggest (unless you have a reason I can't imagine) you render to DPX or DNxHD 185x.

kind regards

Michael16oz

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller