Latest post Fri, Jan 16 2009 7:03 AM by Hans_Knikman. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 16 2009 1:42 AM

Audio soft and MC v3.x

Hi, I have an HP xw4600 workstation with 4gb of ram and plenty of other qualified goodies. I want to use the same computer to do some music production/sound for film. What is an entry level (most economical) audio application that I can use on the same computer and have the best workflow with Avid, but is easy to learn and won't bog down my computer. is Adobe Audition Avid friendly? Should I just get Pro tools? what version of Pro Tools should i get? Do I need and mbox for it to run? 

MC v3 academic. XP pro HP xw4600 2.33ghz core 2 duo, 4gigs ram, nvidia quadro fx570, 500 gig esata external hard drive, 120 gig boot drive, pyro 64r2,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 16 2009 7:03 AM In reply to

Re: Audio soft and MC v3.x

Audition will do a good job. So does protools LE. At this moment PT cannot reside on the same computer as MC, but that is announced as being solved in the next release. PT has definitively advantages over Audition: same plugins as found in MC, possibilty to use the mediafiles already on your system etc. Could not do without PT.

That said: you need an Mbox to be able to run the software, but there are several not all to expensive options there. You would also need DVToolbox (not cheap) you use to let PT and your media act together. And for all these audio programs (including Audition)... the learning curve is pretty steep.

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller