Latest post Sun, Jan 18 2009 7:16 AM by tgreathead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 18 2009 2:07 AM

3.1.1 was working fine, now unexpectedly quits on startup?

I'm running MC 3.1.1 on 10.5.5, QT 7.4.5. I had installed recently (about 2 weeks ago) and everything was up and running. I wanted to run a test by exporting an EDL from a sequence in FCP and import that EDL into MC. I realized I didn't have EDL Manager installed so I quit, installed it and ran it. I opened the EDL in EDL Manager and clicked to send it to MC. An error came up, can't remember what but something along the lines of 'you're program isn't open, idiot.'

Without quitting EDL Manager I clicked MC to start. A few seconds later it popped up an error message saying 'The application MediaComposer has quit unexpectedly.' When I click relaunch it waits a bit and pops up again. I uninstalled EDL Manager, unplugged my firewire drive (noting else is connected now), repaired permissions, restarted and still can't get into MC. 

Any ideas?!? This seems really weird. If I don't hear back soon my next step is to uninstall/reinstall MC. 

**Just before this happened I did the following in MC (if this helps):

-created a new 720p 23.976 project

-imported a load of P2 material from my firewire drive which loaded and played back fine

-quit the program (didn't crash)

**EDIT - here's the info from the crash:

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __ZN10HW_Tracing20Cmd_SetHW_TraceToolsEPc

Referenced from: /Applications/Avid Media Composer/AvidMediaComposer.app/Contents/MacOS/AvidMediaComposer

Expected in: /Library/Application Support/Avid/libCore.dylib

MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, MC 4.0.2, QT 7.6.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 18 2009 2:33 AM In reply to

Re: 3.1.1 was working fine, now unexpectedly quits on startup?

"... If I don't hear back soon my next step is to uninstall/reinstall MC.  ..."

That's actually what I'd recommend.  Run "Repair disk Permissions" first.  It's in Disk Utility.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sun, Jan 18 2009 2:43 AM In reply to

Thanks, I'm about to try it. And I actually mention repairing permissions in my first post ;)

MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, 2GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, MC 4.0.2, QT 7.6.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 18 2009 7:16 AM In reply to

So it worked, not sure what the problem was. I was able to get the EDL transfer to work to so I know it wasn't that. Must have been a fluke, thanks for the help anyway :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller