Latest post Sun, Mar 22 2009 10:05 PM by Mercedes. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 28 2009 11:36 AM

After checkin for ProTools: Missing rendered effects

Hello Avid,

i have a problem using the Interplay system and the MediaComposer 3.11 PC.

When i check in a sequence for ProTools in the MediaComposer, and i check in the Interplay Setting "Audio mixdown stereo" and "Create video mixdown", the MC does the work well. No error message.

When i open then the sequence in ProTools, ProTools says that there are some missing render effects. But there were rendered in the MediaComposer and there is the video-mixdown.

When i reopen the checkin sequence over the Interplay window in MC, there are actually unrendered effects like timewarps oder motion effects.

The problem is that i cannot send a sequence with unrendered effects with Assist to the transfer manager...

Can you help me? Why does is not work?

Thanks for your help...

• Wed, Jan 28 2009 6:17 PM In reply to

Re: After checkin for ProTools: Missing rendered effects

Wild guess here.

Everytime Protools open all driives are scanned and Digi databases are created on each drive. Somehow I would guess these are interacting badly with the some part of Avid media databases.  So what happens if you rebuild the Avid databases? Do your renders show properly in Avid again?

• Mon, Feb 2 2009 5:31 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,321
    • Points 25,890

Digi databases are not created on each drive-   they live on the Boot drive of the ProTools system, and can be rebuilt like their MC counterparts.

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

• Mon, Feb 2 2009 6:14 PM In reply to

Doc Avid:
    Digi databases are not created on each drive
    On interplay maybe. 

On a standalone workstation here they are created on every drive, USB stick, Uncle Tom Cobbly and ALL that get connected to the CPU. With Protools V7x deleteing them on every drive solved some weird problems here, much like the MC counterpart does for Avid.

• Sun, Mar 22 2009 10:05 PM In reply to

• Mercedes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 31 2006
    • Dublin, Ireland
    • Posts 57
    • Points 615

Another option - workaround really- would be to do a video mixdown in the MediaComposer before checking the sequence in for Protools - then continuing as you normally do ie:  it creates another mixdown of the mixdown.  Time consuming I know but should get you there.

Mercedes

Client Operating system : XP pro SP2 Client Avid version : 3.1.1.1 QT 7.5.5 Adrenaline Sys info: CPU :xw8200 4GB ram Interplay 1.5 ISIS 2.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller