Latest post Tue, Feb 24 2009 8:30 PM by sofi725. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 24 2009 7:51 PM

• sofi725
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 23 2008
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Importing OMF from ProTools

Hello again everyone,

I'm having a little trouble getting an OMF file from FCP into Avid.  I brought the file into Pro Tools and re-exported it with enforce Avid compatability selected.  It makes a new OMF, along with a list of media files as "consolidate from source media" is the only option available to me when exporting. 

When I bring the OMF into Avid, it imports and loads as a sequence (along with clips of all the related media files), but it is offline.  Everything is in the right place, but I can't get the sequence to link to the media files.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm a little new to this.  Thanks!

Sofi

• Tue, Feb 24 2009 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: Importing OMF from ProTools

I think you need to find the folder that Protools saves the consolidated media to.  Hopefully a folder unique to this project!!!

With Avid closed copy or move all the media from that folder into a valid Avid OMFI MediaFiles folder. 

Now when you re-open Avid you should see Avid rebuild the databases for the drive you have just put the media on. Open your project and all the Protools omf media SHOULD be online.

• Tue, Feb 24 2009 8:30 PM In reply to

• sofi725
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 23 2008
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Re: Importing OMF from ProTools

Thanks!  That makes a lot of sense, I'll give it a try and see if it works.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller