Latest post Tue, Mar 3 2009 3:26 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 2 2009 2:33 PM

• mjaubrey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 26 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

My PC crashed, Can I re-install Xpress Pro on a new PC??

I have AVID XPress PRO (v.4.6). My PC kicked the bucket. I bought a new PC. I am trying to reinstall, and it won't let me.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO REINSTALL AVID ON MY NEW PC?? I am planning on upgrading my AVID system. but for now I can't re-install. Same owner, I bought this in 2004, I can't find an option on AVID.com to re-install or modify my registration.

PLEASE HELP??

THANKS

Sincerely,

Mike Aubrey

mjaubrey@gmail.com

• Mon, Mar 2 2009 2:37 PM In reply to

Re: My PC crashed, Can I re-install Xpress Pro on a new PC??

Hi Mike,

mjaubrey:
    I am trying to reinstall, and it won't let me.

What happens when you try?  At what point during install does it stop working?  Do you see any error messages?  What are the system specifications of the computer you're installing Xpress Pro on?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2019.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 3 2009 2:19 PM In reply to

• mjaubrey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 26 2009
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the quick response back.
    It appears that it is installed on my new PC, but when I try to launch AVID, it almost completely loads, but then gives me a message that it is not registered, and automatically shuts down (goes back to my desktop). I originally registered my software back in 2004, and no issues. Now, 5 years later, I don't remember my email (user name or password) from back then. I enter my PCSysID # and Serial# and it tells me the software is already registered. I am the only owner, I still have the original receipt in my name, but I don't have my online registration info (User/pass) because it's on my old PC, Rest in Peace. 

On AVID website I am finding 3 options; register new product, upgrade, and transfer ownership. I guess I am looking for help to transfer onto new PC same owner.

My new PC is a custom build; Intel duo core, 4gb RAM, 1.5 TB Hard drive, Nvidia 9500 GT-1GB, Windows XP SP2 Operating System. 

*When loading I am also getting an "audiomixer error"-- but still kicks me back to my desktop.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Mike Aubrey

• Tue, Mar 3 2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

mjaubrey:
    when I try to launch AVID, it almost completely loads, but then gives me a message that it is not registered

First try emailing warranty@avid.com, and see if they can help you out with the registration issue.  If not, email marianna_montague@avid.com.  Marianna is Avid's Customer Advocate, and she's great at getting the right people in contact to solve things like this.

mjaubrey:
    I am also getting an "audiomixer error

What's the exact error message, and what audio card do you have?

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2019.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller