Latest post Mon, Jun 1 2009 10:57 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 16 2009 6:30 AM

• jase010
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Exception: std::exception, what:IsKeyable()\coresw\ame\src\CompMan\AParamitem.c216

I've just upgraded from 3.1.1 to 3.5.

I loaded an existing project double clicked on an existing timeline and I'm being asked to promote effects (color correction) so I do and this is the error I'm getting (above). Also tried not promoting and get the same result. Any Ideas?

I've already tried to repair sequences & delete the MC state but no joy.

• Mon, Mar 16 2009 7:53 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: Exception: std::exception, what:IsKeyable()\coresw\ame\src\CompMan\AParamitem.c216

and, of course, your system specs ............. ?????

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Jun 1 2009 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: std::exception, what:IsKeyable()\coresw\ame\src\CompMan\AParamitem.c216

We were having a similar problem on a 3.0.5 system.  Not sure if you ever figured this out, but we traced it to a corrupt Sapphire effect.  Recreating the effect fixed the problem.

• Mon, Jun 1 2009 10:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,160
    • Points 217,415
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Welcome to the Avid MC Forum, Jase010 and FFFearlesss!

Errors that can crop up in your MC installations are usually related to your computers.
    To help anyone suggest reasons for your problems, they need to know more about your computer.

Please add information in your Profiles about your computer system.

Some of the very important things that are needed are:

Version number of Media Composer.

Details about your Motherboard - Maker/ model number etc.

Details about your Graphics card! Maker/ model number/ Card memory size/ Graphic cards driver number.

Details about your Processor. Maker/ model number/ speed

Are you using onboard (included with your Motherboard) sound? or do you have an extra Soundcard? Maker/model number.

What version of Quicktime is installed?

Hardrives/storage.

Do you have any USB peripherals installed. e.g. Web Camera, Graphics tablet etc ?  If so, which?

There are more things that can help, but I have tried to list things in, what I imagine, is the order of importance.

How do you add the information to your profile?

Go to the very top of this page and you should see "welcome YOUR NAME (sign out)"

Click on "YOUR NAME"

Now you are on the "About YOUR NAME" page.

On the left side of the page you should see OPTIONS - EDIT MY PROFILE.   Click on that.

You should now be on the "PORTFOLIO" page.

Click on the  "PROFILE OPTIONS" tab.

There you will see, among other things, a box for entering your SYSTEM SPECS.

After entering the information about your SYSTEM, scroll down the page and click "SAVE"!  Yes

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller