Latest post Sun, May 10 2009 11:23 AM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 10 2009 3:21 AM

• bluexl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 10 2009
    • Posts 26
    • Points 405

Losing Image Resolution on Import in Media Composer

Hi,

I'm importing images into an SD project in Media Composer, but am losing resolution on import. The resolution seems extremmely bad and even worse when I try and zoom in. The images themselves are scanned at a hi-res and look great if I import them into an HD project. I need to move in close on some of these but they already look awful as is. I have not had this same problem with Express Pro so what am I doing that is wrong? Thanks!

• Sun, May 10 2009 4:56 AM In reply to

• xorkaya
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Re: Losing Image Resolution on Import in Media Composer

If you want to keep your original image resolution you'll have to use the Avid Pan & Zoom under Image in effects. Unfortunately you wont have much/decent control over image rotation unless you use a 3rd party plugin.

• Sun, May 10 2009 5:38 AM In reply to

xorkaya:
    Avid Pan & Zoom under Image in effects.
    Or you can use BCC's pan and zoom which will give you good rotation as well. 

(There is a tutorial for getting started with BCC's Pan and Zoom in Douglas's 100+ tutorials)

• Sun, May 10 2009 6:07 AM In reply to

• bluexl
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 405

BCC 6AE or BCC AVX?

• Sun, May 10 2009 7:05 AM In reply to

BCC AVX that comes with MC

• Sun, May 10 2009 10:27 AM In reply to

• xorkaya
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Comes with MC??? Where might I find this? I'm running MC3.1 and looked through all my plugins/effects. I don't see any BCC AVX anywhere.

• Sun, May 10 2009 10:44 AM In reply to

xorkaya:
    I'm running MC3.1 and looked through all my plugins/effects.

Are you running an academic version of MC? Or have you downloaded an update? Basically, if you purchase a boxed version you will get 3rd party apps such as BCC, AvidFX, AvidDVD. You will have to install BCC in order to see the BCC effects in Avids effect palette.

Regards, g_f

Dell Precision m6400, Intel QX9300 2,5GHz Quadcore, nVidia QuadroFX 3700@1GB, 4GB RAM, M-Box2, MC 3.5.1 Software Only, ProTools LE 8cs2, WindowsXP 32bit... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 10 2009 11:23 AM In reply to

Hi,

xorkaya:
    Comes with MC??? Where might I find this?

If you got the MC-only download, you can purchase the 3rd party applications from the Avid store:

http://store.avid.com/us/index.cfm?page=templates/product_grp_index&categoryid=1400

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller