Latest post Tue, Jul 7 2009 5:44 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 7 2009 1:15 PM

• Scook
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 7 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

edl confusion, Xpress Pro

Hi all,

I am having problems with edls in avid xpress pro.  Once I have opened the edl then gone to create the sequence, the clips and edit say that I cant use NTSC files in a PAL project.  We shot at 30fps on RED for effect, could this be affecting it? iI wouldnt think so?

Any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Jul 7 2009 5:44 PM In reply to

Re: edl confusion, Xpress Pro

Hi,

I know nothing about RED or film workflows, so I'm probably going to regret answering and making a stupid comment, but I'm pretty sure that 30fps footage can't be used in a 25fps project.  If you can tell us what your eventual goal is, I'm sure someone knowledgeable will come along and point you in the correct direction.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2018.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller