Latest post Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:34 PM by babusha. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2009 4:41 PM

• javierd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 28
    • Points 410

Dropped Frames on Digital Cut

Working on a new Nitris DX, smoking fast, all the bells and whistles MAC tower.  Im trying to do a SDI layback to tape on a DVW-A500 but I keep getting dropped frames.  The SD-SDI light on the front of the box is blinking green and orange, sync light is solid green.  Any help would be great as I am up against a deadline.  Are there specific settings I need to enable for SDI out?  I have tried restarting everything except the G-Raid.

• Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:06 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Re: Dropped Frames on Digital Cut

Make sure the Video Effect Safe mode is switched on in Digital Cut and render all your effects. If this is still a problem do a Render All fx inlc real time ones.

• Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:20 PM In reply to

• javierd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 410

Thanks for the reply.  Safe mode is on and I have rendered EVERYTHING.  I even tried doing a Video Mixdown.  Could it be my graphics card needs re-ceeding?

• Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:44 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Is your material on a FW Graid?

How busy is the audio? Can you cut sections of the seq to tape with no frames drop or is it persistently one area?

i suspect it's not the card - more likely the drive getting choked on output

• Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:51 PM In reply to

• javierd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 410

Material is 1:1 on a G-SPEEDfc, The audio is mixed down by an audio facility to a two channel wave.  The dropped frames are entirely random.  I think its the drive also, but you would think something brand new would not have problems.  I have just been picking up edit points when it stops, not efficient, but it will get the job done.

• Mon, Aug 31 2009 4:43 PM In reply to

If that's the 6 drive G-Speed, I've found that they can have problems, for some reason. I've even had trouble playing DNX on a digital cut. (??) I'm thinking it's some sort of buffering in the controller or something like that. I can digital cut off of 8 drive raids, but that little 6, doesn't always work.

You can speed test it, and it's crazy fast, and FCP will play all day long but a Digital Cut is a different deal. Test and see. (Try to get a 16 drive box and run one of the 8 drive sides to test.)

Don't trust the internet...

• Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:34 PM In reply to

• babusha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 4 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Hi,

If you are using external referance make sure the reference loop on the Nitris DX is properly terminated with 75 Ohms terminator or try to use internal referance.

Thanks ,

Babusha.N

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller